So What's Your Favourite Squier (include A Pic) And Why ???

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by ShadowChancer, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Ebidis

Ebidis Tele-Afflicted

Why? Because it looks, plays, feels, and sounds killer.[​IMG]

Dr Mabuse likes this.
  2. chemobrainkid

chemobrainkid Tele-Meister

my only Squier mine has the Duncan designed pick ups
    great sound great price , rock solid, using a generic photo. jazz bass.jpg

3. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

All these squiers are making me GAS for one

flugel and cntry666 like this.
  4. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

I've had 3 Squiers but this CV 50's was the best of them:
    [​IMG]

BorderRadio likes this.
  5. grim83

grim83 Tele-Holic

uploadfromtaptalk1476411759710.jpg

My only squier. It's an 01 Indonesian standard I bought last year on my honeymoon. Replaced the bridge with a 3 saddle version and put in a cheap artec bridge pickup. It's been a bit of a love and hate guitar. I love the neck but the body is very heavy and dense so not a whole lot of life to it. Then the switch went out about 4 months ago, I've replaced it 3 times to no avail so it's been sitting so I don't make it into firewood. I want to replace the body with a standard depth one but I'd have to replace the wife first since it has sentimental value.... Luckily the marriage to her is going better than with the guitar lol, it will be our first anniversary on the 24th.

6. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Afflicted

Just a little black Bullet Special, stock except for the knurled tele-style knob I added on the volume pot.

A friend had this thing sitting around and every time I picked it up, I liked it more and more. Eventually he just gave it to me, amused at how much I seemed to love the little thing. "Every pot has a lid," he said.

It's bright, present and responsive, and has lots of sustain. After lowering the pickup, raising the action slightly, stringing it with .011s and doing some minor intonation and trussrod tweaks afterwards, it feels and sounds just right to me. Having gotten away from high gain crunchy stuff for the most part, I never thought I'd bond with a one-humbucker guitar, but the inherent brightness/presence this thing seems to have works well with the humbucker and my playing style. Picking hand changes can really get a range of sounds out of this thing.

Attached Files:

7. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Afflicted

Just a little black Bullet Special, stock except for the knurled tele-style knob I added on the volume pot.

A friend had this thing sitting around and every time I picked it up, I liked it more and more. Eventually he just gave it to me, amused at how much I seemed to love the little thing. "Every pot has a lid," he said.

It's bright, present and responsive, and has lots of sustain. After lowering the pickup, raising the action slightly, stringing it with .011s and doing some minor intonation and trussrod tweaks afterwards, it feels and sounds just right to me. Having gotten away from high gain crunchy stuff for the most part, I never thought I'd bond with a one-humbucker guitar, but the inherent brightness/presence this thing seems to have works well with the humbucker and my playing style. Picking hand changes can really get a range of sounds out of this thing.

8. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Friend of Leo's

Still my favorite!

An updated picture of my Squier nocaster from the first page, post refin................

[​IMG]

BorderRadio likes this.
  9. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Afflicted

my favorite squier is called 'the roguestock strat'....it a squier affinity that had been signed by the band sevendust. the guitar was given to me by a friend in orlando, and was unplayable...but i did a complete setup on it and it became a really good player. the neck on this thing is what i liked most...seems its a bit more chunky than my other strats and it feels good. it is completely stock, except i think the pickguard was changed. anyway, a bunch of us from strat talk decided to get together last august in petaluma, Ca and jam. a rehearsal space was rented and 11 of us showed up....we had a bass player, a drummer, and 9 guitar players, lol. anyway, i gave this guitar to the person who had travelled the farthest....all the way from france. all who were there signed it and she took it home, so now it sits in her jam area with her other music stuff. heres a vid and a pic.....(i got rid of the sevendust sigs)

roguestockstrat.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  10. Ebidis

Ebidis Tele-Afflicted

My CV 50s. One of the best necks I've ever played.

[​IMG]

richiek65 and heltershelton like this.
  11. Brian Wright

Brian Wright Tele-Meister

image.jpeg 2016 Affinity in Race Green. Completely stock and unbelievably fun to play!

flugel and hellopike like this.
  12. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Afflicted

the necks on these squiers ARE awesome....i like them better than my MIA strat necks.

brbadg likes this.
  13. Ebidis

Ebidis Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, this one is even better after I had my tech do a fret level and roll the edges. Practically plays itself.

heltershelton likes this.
  14. Ser_Bob

Ser_Bob TDPRI Member

Man these new Affinitys colours are so awesome. Would like to see the Grey and Orange options.

Brian Wright likes this.
  15. mally

mally Tele-Holic

sold my 80s strat to help fund a martin 000 couple of months later I saw this hanging up in my local guitar shop and I thought " I miss having a strat around "
    Its a " Made in India " squier VM with a flame top and Duncan Design pickups ! plays and sounds better than my old one ever did ! So my only Squier is a happy accident
    ( it actually looks better IRL than in this Picture )

[​IMG]

16. Brian Wright

Brian Wright Tele-Meister

The color is why I bought it. Can't stop looking at it! I almost bought the orange.

17. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I want to post this one up, since nobody else has. My 86 MIJ Bullet HST. Otherwise known as the "Melted Tele". Fantastic neck, great bridge bucker. I'll eventually upgrade the single coils to something better. It is kind of heavy due to the laminated body, but I love playing it and it makes me smile every time I go to pick it up.

2015-01-30 06.17.42.jpg 2015-01-30 06.18.06.jpg

18. Vognell

Vognell Tele-Meister

Hard call... but I'll go with the VM '72 Thinline. (1) My only maple neck.. wondering why I don't have more. Feels great. (2) Lightweight. (3) Something about the humbuckers on this one just does it for me. Second choice is the VM Jazzmaster, Love the pups and the lead/rhythm tone circuits. Don't have any complaints about the CV 60's Strat either.

[​IMG]

BorderRadio likes this.
  19. Ranchand23

Ranchand23 Tele-Meister

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1477166703.954089.jpg

I love this one. Lightweight, 2 P90s my first Squier

Dr Mabuse likes this.
  20. claes

claes Tele-Afflicted

My squier custom 2 is the only guitar I've regretted selling. And I have sold 30 guitars

darkwaters likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.