1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

So..... What speakers actually fit in a Tweed Bassman?

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Rock_Glenn, Mar 15, 2021.

1. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Assuming you're using the standard cab, chassis, PT, choke, and the last two are in standard locations...

Go back to the list I compiled. There are (4) types of alnico mag speakers, there, that people have used. Measure your space and look up measurements for those.

No matter what speakers you use, it's likely you'll need to remove the bell covers from the upper ones. That's what Fender did.

2. Intubator

Intubator Tele-Holic

Bawlmer, MD- Home of the "Mayor Shuffle"...
    I have used several 10A125's in various cabs, I currently have four in a 5F6A repro cab powered by a '58 chassis and they sound wonderful, actually very close to the original Jensen P10Q's which I still have but don't want to use on a regular basis. If it were me I'd order four 10A125A's in the 20W 8ohm option with no dope and broken in by Weber. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

3. Rock_Glenn

Rock_Glenn Tele-Meister

I have a pretty extensive amp collection that I've built. Had a stock 5e3 but didn't bond with it. Had a tweed twin I found dark. I have a 5c1 with alnico weber.

I have two tweeds ( with this bassman) two brown era ( princeton with alnico blue, bassman with vintage oxfords) and two blackface (princeton with 12f125 and showman with california and michigan.)

This build is designed to be different from the rest of these, the alnico gold's are a big part of that. I just want a cool mix of speakers that fits. I don't want the sound I had from the tweed deluxe, and I don't want the darkness from the tweed twin.

There is a pretty good chance I swap the gold's out someday because I tinker.

4. Muzzy

Muzzy TDPRI Member

The VOR 10's have small magnets.

5. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

6. Rock_Glenn

Rock_Glenn Tele-Meister

I received one Jupiter 10sc that I found on reverb. Can't find another! They are out of stock, and there are two for sale from russia, but I don't send my money there.

The 10sc is mounted in the upper left (back view) and the pt clears! It's incredibly close, and I'm hopeful that once screws pull the chassis up, I'll have 1/8 clearance and no rattle.

As soon as Jupiter gets small magnets back in stock (probably on that sideways ship in the suez) I'll hear how she sounds. It will be loud

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.