So what made YOU frustrated today?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Jun 19, 2021.

1. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

The closure of the Mobile causeway and its detour around Mobile and the Pensecola bridge closure and again detouring to make it to Panama City airport to fly mom and dad back to Baltimore.
    om , I guess the cause was the tropical storm, not the effects.

Fendereedo and Flip G like this.
  2. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Afflicted

Driving a u haul towing my sons 4Runner through a busy downtown that I’ve never been in before. The lack of courtesy from other drivers is beyond frustrating.

3. Zoso420

Zoso420 Tele-Meister

20210618_210536.jpg had to go to the ER to get stitches and I think I have high blood pressure too.

Fendereedo, Toadtele and nojazzhere like this.
  4. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

IMG_27221.jpg

Fendereedo, Archtops and StevesBoogie like this.
  5. Zoso420

Zoso420 Tele-Meister

You didn't take I-10 and the bayway? I lived down there for 20 years. Been up in Chicago for 4.

6. FuncleManson

FuncleManson TDPRI Member

Partscaster neck heel is about .040 to thick (top to bottom). Time to start filing.

7. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

That was my largest one. Actually it wasn’t very large it was one pound ten ounces but a beautiful day out on the water.

NoTeleBob, swervinbob and Chiogtr4x like this.
  8. Chiogtr4x

No frustration today
    just exhaustion!

( lot of gigs this week 4 down, 2 to go and I'm not the 'poster boy' of good health)
    Resting up for Sunday!

9. Chiogtr4x

That's a picture of a baby LM bass, from our drummer, who is always fishing in his own VA neighborhood, with his 10 year son.
    I think the son caught this one.

I love the photo as even small, the markings on the bass really show it's a Largemouth!

10. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Damn, guys. I was just about to complain about having to eat tuna fish sandwich with dill pickle for dinner, but most of youse have much to be frustrated about! But truly, tuna sandwiches for Saturday night dinner is frustrating.

NoTeleBob and Archtops like this.
  11. JL_LI

JL_LI Poster Extraordinaire

It’s like that on Long Island. New houses still go up but high density Uber expensive 55 and over housing is the rule. Young people buy the older houses. The population doesn’t appear to be increasing by census but the poor don’t count and aren’t counted. Others are scared to be counted.

Weekend traffic is greater than the commute. I don’t go out on weekends unless I have to. The time to run errands is 9:30 to 3:00 on weekdays. And there are dying towns and cities a few hundred miles away. Anywhere worth living is getting crowded to where it’s becoming unlivable while places already unlivable die out. I’m watching the overgrown culture flask experiment from freshman biology in real life.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    nojazzhere likes this.
  12. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Complicating my situation is my mother's health is rapidly declining, and I have to go over to help with her two and even three times daily. What used to be a fairly simple drive across town has turned into a nightmare resembling what I see LA freeways in the movies are like. And, there's NO time of day that's better or worse.....it's bad all day long.

NoTeleBob likes this.
  13. Chester P Squier

Chester P Squier Tele-Afflicted

You're fortunate to live in a place that is a desirable place to move to. A lot of people are moving to Texas. Louisianians who are not moving to Texas are moving to where I live. Traffic is getting worse and worse all the time.

I suppose if traffic is the worst thing about where you live, that's a good thing.

nojazzhere likes this.
  14. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Recovering from an urgent molar root canal on Thursday 90 miles from here. Wimped out way too soon prepping some garden bed this morning.:oops::mad:

NoTeleBob likes this.
  15. green_henry

green_henry Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Spent $200 on a new pedal and it didn't include rubber feet! I know a lot of people slap velcro on their pedals and don't use the feet, but not me. Had to make a trip to Lowes to get way more rubber feet (or bumpers) than I'll ever need.

Obsessed and NoTeleBob like this.
  16. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

IN order
    People
    Health Care financing system
    Did I mention people?

Rowdyman, Obsessed and NoTeleBob like this.
  17. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Afflicted

Watching my high school Junior-to-be son- who was a starter and one of the three best players on his 16-1 JV basketball team last season- being treated like a scrub by the Varsity coach in the HUGE tournament they are playing in at Arizona Cardinals Stadium this weekend. Will be back there at 0800 tomorrow morning to watch him be last off the bench for 3 minutes of playing time- all while other kids he outplays turn the ball over 6 frickin' times and stay in the game. Happy bloody Father's Day.

(Contrary to what you might now believe, I do not live and die through my son and his sports. Having been a coach myself, I am also fairly objective about his talent. I am just feeling very offended for him right now. He works hard and deserves better.)

First World problems, I know...

Killing Floor likes this.
  18. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

I got a cheeseburger with a fried egg on it and the egg was over cooked, not runny.
    It’s a modern tragedy.

Fendereedo and Obsessed like this.
  19. cometazzi

cometazzi Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I was watching a '94 MIM Strat with a maple fretboard and white body on ebay, which I've coveted for some time. It got down to 4 seconds and I hit 'bid' and the window that popped up was blank- no bidding choices. The auction ended with someone else winning the guitar, a hard case, a Crate amp, a delay pedal and a pile of cords for $340.

I'm so mad.

electrichead likes this.
  20. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

So this is funny. Not funny but you know.
    We are in Pennsylvania with my kid 1,600 miles from home, to play a college recruiting tournament. 3 games today wins every faceoff but 1 so 33-1. But the attacks keep turning the ball over so even though they have every physical advantage they are blowing it.
    My point is sometimes sports work out that way. My guess is the coach may take a few very expensive tourneys before he sees the younger guy playing circles around others. I’ve watched my kid play way too selflessly for 10 years, always looking for the next when he has open shots. Sometimes coaches like that, they all say they like it but sometimes it has worked against him. Especially since he’s played AA varsity club since 9th grade and those seniors were big and got a lot of attention.
    Then suddenly… he’s a senior and more than 20 college coaches reached out because they really do like to see film of assists because anyone can make a wide open shot. And after a lot of heartache he’s looking at offers. Hang in there. Sports Dad is a very complicated job.
    Be patient and supportive and don’t be afraid to explore other clubs. Because lots of best players ride the pines until the coach thinks they paid enough dues.

papa32203 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.