So, whad’ya get for Father’s Day?

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
early calls and facetimes from the girls... and two very nice notes... both pledged labor when they come to visit and my son got me a turnpike troubadours hoodie and is coming to help me for a week around the fourth. My wife and I spent the day cutting and affixing plywood on a beautiful and chilly day.... and a great dinner.

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
My wife has the plague so my kids didn’t come around. My daughter did sign me up for some internet thing where you answer questions she sends me and eventually it gets printed in a book. Which is of course no use to me. Maybe my grandson will read it one day.

MrClint

Tele-Holic
I got a quarterly subscription to Blind Barrels for Father's Day. Kind of a trendy concept with a touch of cork sniffery tossed in. It's a bit of a gimmicky conversation piece, but kind of fun just the same.

A box of whiskey samples comes to your door and you blind sample them. I used a really good bottle of Woodford Reserve Bourbon as a control for my initial taste tests. At this point my palate isn't refined enough to pickup all the flavor nuances. I'll keep at it though. :)

Big Monz

Tele-Meister
My daughter sent me this shirt. I’m not sure how great of a Dad I’ve been, but I will say she has great taste!

D8821421-FB1E-4C43-BC32-9FE176D132BA.jpeg

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
I got a few texts from female friends and relatives wishing me a happy day, maybe to compensate for my son not calling.
He did eventually call and i certainly did appreciate that.
I can't even guess how many times I ignored mother's and Father's day when I was around his age.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Just had my 2nd bowl of ( Father's Day) Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream!

- plus more Dead stickers ( possibly for my blue Danelectro?) arriving tomorrow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220618-105523_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220618-105523_Chrome.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220616-224333_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220616-224333_Chrome.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 10

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
I received a gift card to my favorite local music store from my son, and the pleasure of him, our beautiful daughter-in-law and grandson at dinner. The best gift was another day of love from my best friend and bride of 44 years. Although I've stacked many, many of them over the years, each is especially sweet in its own way.

Steak Knife Sally

TDPRI Member
Reciprocating saw and a lot of fencing to cut with it. (I will use a cutting wheel on the angle grinder if they look away.) Any guitar building used for a reciprocating saw? Cutting nut slots really fast? Disassembling bad dreadnoughts before anyone can hurt themselves with them?

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Got? What is this concept of "getting something" for Fathers day you speak of?

I "got" to mow the lawn.
I "got" to tend to some garden chores.
I "got" the yard waste can cued up at the curb.
I "got" a morning walk in.

I guess I could say I "got" everything I asked for though... :cool:
On Father’s Day I can do anything I want. I started by realizing the hall toilet needed cleaning so I did that. Then, underwear was on sale at Duluth Trading Company so I bought three pair. If all that wasn’t exciting enough I bought a new tank of propane for the grill. I also bought steaks for dinner and cooked my own steak. Is that exciting enough?
Well, both kids did call and wish me a Happy Father’s Day and I got a Bass Pro gift card. Not bad.

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
My son Jesse and I both have (55-56-57) Tri-5 Chevys, he brought my two wonderful grandkids and we met up at a small car show that is sponsored by a local church. After that, we then went to a new local BBQ & microbrewery. I got a couple of nice father's day cards from my kiddo and grandkiddos.

Kind of a perfect day for this old guy...

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Daughter sent a book (we’re big on reading) and card; nice dinner at son’s house with grilled salmon, taters and salad, cold beer. Daughter-in-law made a Black Forest cake. 2 grandsons are good kids.

Lots of gratitude. Also, my son & daughter-in-law are getting full appreciation of the responsibility of parenthood, so that’s kind of a gift, too.