So, whad’ya get for Father’s Day?

VonBonfire

Tele-Holic
That’s not nuthin, but the other kids and my wife didn’t even think to say anything on the day. I’m still kinda pissed.
Father's day is a social construct. Between birthdays, holidays, fathers day, mothers day, valentines day you wind up "owing" someone something every two weeks. I don't have time or money for all that so we just try to treat each other right every other day of the year instead.

telemaster03

Tele-Holic
Had good phone calls from both of my kids yesterday, including a wonderful and enthusiastic Father’s Day greeting from my grand-daughter. That’s fine because we are vacationing and quite a ways from them. They have their own concerns so I don’t expect gifts from them…they know that if I want something I usually just go buy it anyway. They’re good kids and to know they are doing well and think to call is enough.

Today we’re in Nashville and we’re going to go see the Time Jumpers here in a bit courtesy of my wife for a Father’s Day Gift. Life is good!

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I got all the parts to finish my keyboard project ( still waiting for my chassis mount Midi connectors )
power supply, Bus board Kit 2 new keyboards, Mixer module Kit Far right , VCA Kit and midi connectors , BTW this thing is incredable sounding

P1010008.JPG
P1010010.JPG

gitold

Poster Extraordinaire
My 2 sons were out with me for 3 days. My youngest son stays with me twice a month for business for a few days. My other son came out and we watched sports, had a rap battle,
and had way too much bourbon and beer. Also wings, pizza, and burgers. Lots of fun. Both of my boys are in their 40’s by the way. I beat my youngest in the rap battle but my oldest kicked my ass. Free style!!

jays0n

Friend of Leo's
Mine was really nice. Got time to myself to go on a 10k run, and then got to play my Tele. Later we went out to a restaurant I like, and I got a gift card to an awesome local coffee/sandwich place that I love. Got me ready to start being a father again from this morning (we’ll after the hangover was done).

Cyberi4n

Tele-Afflicted
I got more than socks actually, I got two pairs of socks, some fudge, two lovely handmade cards, a book about growing veg, and a BBQ courtesy of my wife. I got to take my daughter (9) to her swimming lesson, and I also got to borrow my MIL’s staple gun so I could re-cover the speaker baffle of my 212 with some bluesbreaker-style cloth, and the Marshall gold piping. There’s the finished article, posing next to my telecaster, Honey.

023DB5C4-5EE7-4BB5-BB8A-106018A2CF8C.jpeg

Last edited:

tele_pathic

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
For some reason, I was convinced that FD was June 12. So much so that I rushed to buy groceries, some that were perishable, the week before. Then, I "had" to eat those perishable goods when I found out FD was the next weekend, 6/19. Dangit!

So on Sunday, I got two different sized Mulepaks, basically small-ish fanny packs that attach to your belt.

Better yet, my four kids got me a month-long unlimited pass to a local indoor golf simulator/range. I had never used one before, but I golf all the time. Where I live in southern Utah, it's about 110* through the summer into Sept, so much too hot to golf outdoors. I'd been looking at getting a membership at an indoor range, but the expense was hard to justify. So I was soooo excited when my kids got this for me. Went for the first time yesterday. The driving range part is cool: tons and tons of information about how terrible I strike the ball. Cooler still are the golf courses you can play. I played St. Andrews the Old Course yesterday. Holy shizzit that was so fun. I plan on going every day that I can, which is every day.