So, whad’ya get for Father’s Day?

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
A nice shirt, a monthly pillbox case, a couple Claxton fruitcakes, and a dozen freshly steamed blue crabs. It was nice, especially the fruitcake and crabs! I couldn’t eat all the crabs yet, so they are in the refrigerator to eat today or tomorrow. The fruitcake will probably last me a couple or so weeks at least, nice with coffee for breakfast.

Mine and my wife’s dads passed away many years ago, we miss them still. Our Heavenly Father, forever and priceless. :)

scrapyardblue

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
PXL_20220619_223134801~3.jpg

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I’ll be going with my daughters to catch a matinee of the new Jurassic movie. We’ve all been looking forward to it for quite a while.
We went yesterday Jake, my wife's a big fan of the franchise. We all thought it was 'okay,' but maybe time for that one to come to an end.

Other than that, had a delicious burger, fries, and beer at a nice little local restaurant (Colorado Craft), and then I got in a late afternoon bike ride. All in all, a good day!

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
We went yesterday Jake, my wife's a big fan of the franchise.
We all thought it was 'okay,' but maybe time for that one to come to an end.
I didn’t get to go. I’ve been sick as all get out. This is the last one they’re making. The grand finale. I’ll most likely agree with your assessment. The trailer looked a little over the top, even considering what it is. Hahaha. But I gotta see it. I own the other five already, and the girls and I have always loved them. Gonna try again this weekend.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I didn’t get to go. I’ve been sick as all get out. This is the last one they’re making. The grand finale. I’ll most likely agree with your assessment. The trailer looked a little over the top, even considering what it is. Hahaha. But I gotta see it. I own the other five already, and the girls and I have always loved them. Gonna try again this weekend.

Hope you feel better! I think you'll likely enjoy it, probably just not as much as some of the others. That's how my wife felt. It did have some action and humor in it--certainly not a 'bad' movie by any stretch!

RoscoeElegante

Poster Extraordinaire
Got good calls from the physically distant daughters, in Chicago & Montana, respectively.

From the sons still living with me, hugs; affectionate teasing; some round-robin pitching and hitting at the nearby park (elder son is now almost unhittable, and also can hit anything his old man tries to get past him); no arguments about doing their chores; a big shared supper; and they consented to watching a very slow-paced, very poignant black-and-white "old" (1971) film of a Faulkner story, which spells out their old dad's values. (Free on the YouTube: not sure if they were being generous or entirely honest, but they did seem quite moved by it.)

Then some music playing, they on guitar and piano, me on guitar. The older son began a nice progression: D, D6 11 or Gmaj7, Asus2, and we chimed in, flubbing out something wispy to end the day on.

They were on their phones very minimally, and we all really savored the time, as the oldest boy is college-bound at the end of August.

A very, very good day, indeed. They weren't even too embarrassed when the movie (again) made their dad sob a bit. Very humane, principled, and fun people, all four of 'em.

I am very lucky. And best to all.

Last edited:

Stubee

Doctor of Teleocity
I went to my daughter’s house for a little party and got to tell 4 grandkids some stories: me golfing with a friend who clobbered himself in the head with his own ball after it full swing—nearly knocked him out!—and their Uncle’s 15 year struggle learning to swim, finally overcome when his mother told him he had to swim 4 lengths of our pool if he wanted to have his friends over unsupervised. Took him all of one week, on his own! They gave me a cool wind chime, a nice barbecue tool set + some chicken & cherry sausages, then the two youngest came over and watched Pirates of the Caribbean while I enjoyed the US open.

Later I had a nice long talk with my son, and my wife gave me a US Open hat + a cool tee. All good!

VonBonfire

Tele-Holic
Bacon and eggs breakfast sandwich in the morning then steak and potatoes later from the ol' lady. A beer and some guitar time on the porch courtesy of myself. A pack of Jack Links beef jerky and a flashlight from my daughter. Doubling down on the meat consumption over here. I might have meat again tonight.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I got some Costco shorts 2 days beforehand (not even wrapped) and an email from the oldest kid who’s spending three weeks in the States. That’s not nuthin, but the other kids and my wife didn’t even think to say anything on the day. I’m still kinda pissed.

Just goes to prove the adage: an expectation is a premeditated resentment…