So in my 60th year ...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by P-Nutz, Jan 1, 2021.

1. g-Paul

g-Paul Tele-Holic

I walk the dog for at least an hour every day, do pushups, planks, stretches, light weightlifting and play disc golf once or twice a week, weather permitting. The dog demands to walk whatever the weather, often twice a day, so she keeps me moving.

P-Nutz and M2roadwarrior like this.
  2. hollowman

hollowman Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

walk the dog about 4 miles a day. pushups, situps, light weights a few times a week. play some guitar. gotta keep it going!

P-Nutz and M2roadwarrior like this.
  3. Rich_S

Rich_S Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I'm 61.

Thanks to the pandemic, I got to stay home more than usual and rode my bike a lot. Not a lot compared to what I did back in my '20s, but I got in 700 miles this year. I firmly believe that helped me when I actually caught COVID. My lungs and heart were in the best shape they've been in the last decade, and that gave me the "extra" I needed to keep my O2 levels up through the worst of the infection.

I need to work out what I'm going to do through the winter to maintain; probably just walk the dog 2 miles every day. As soon as the weather warms up, I'll be back out on the bike. It's the one form of exercise I can do without having to force myself, or getting bored.

P-Nutz likes this.
  4. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

I could move around more , but I have to work , you know....?

After all , they pay me a lot of money to do .......whatever it is I do....I get a lot of praise from the next 2 guys up the ladder from where I sit , I dont give a S*it about any of that...

I have two daily leaders under me , and they really sound like they like me and what I do......That makes me proud...

Other than that , I might have been in a depression forever , and I might have to seek some help soon.

Its getting worse , and its kind of a classic to be able to help anyone solve any problem at all.......but hardly being able to put your pants on yourself , cut the grass,-or whatever.

I have seen it so often , and now its myself.... I will seek help !

5. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

I run. I try to run at least 5 days a week, rain or shine. Also HIIT boot camp classes 2 or 3 times, per week (virtually provided by my place of employment ... which is awesome ... that coach will work yer ass off in 30 minutes).

Yesterday was after a rare snow ... a wet slushy snow, so wet cold feet the whole run. I'd prefer a warm beach, but I make the best of what I get. I kept it short, 3 miles, and slow ... so no falls. I had fun.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  6. PeteWaller

PeteWaller Tele-Meister

Let us know how you get on!

7. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

I just keep the house clean, take the wife to dialysis, feed the cat, fix the house (usually a daily trip to Home Depot), pickup lunch and dinner for the crew, do all the shopping at Costco and Ralphs. When I get 5 minutes I play guitar. I'm not in athletic shape but I'm moving well and keeping excess pounds off. I bought a bike but I never have time to ride it.

What do I do to keep mentally fit? I study the charts from CERN and analyze nuclear decay (sic).

8. imwjl

imwjl Doctor of Teleocity

My balance for not riding is making the trails. At this point it's kind of cool because the sport's taken off so much and my posse's sort of created the best party in town.

I'm really starting to have bad issues with back and joints so have added some virtual (online) training to introduce yoga, motion and strength help.

Fat bike trail grooming is a lot of exercise too - not jus the snowshoeing. The Snowdog with groomer on advanced trails is pure sadomasochistic f*ckry.

The repair here is still a snowshoe only section in winter. We build a bypass for the machine and I carry snowshoes and avalanche shovel on the Snowdog.

All the MTB riders here should be doing trail work too. We're getting old and struggling to get new help to really make stuff happen and sustain.

My gym started with old school dirt scratching and a pump track. Now I have trailhead 2 mi from home and we've built a 12 mi complex of single track, bike park, and jumpline.

Time for lunch and some ride or groom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jannodude and rcole_sooner like this.
  9. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Afflicted

Lifting has always been a passion of mine besides music. The circumstances made working out difficult..

I built our homegym last year in our loft. It took six months to acquire everything directly. I didn’t want to pay a penny more than retail:
    3A9FE851-F432-44A0-8AC1-6E54232480A3.jpeg
    A3CA12E3-9D62-434C-BD26-D3199BD8700E.jpeg 93D69838-00DC-4185-88A9-176E8EB5C0EC.jpeg F864EDAA-B57F-479E-8728-4F449A6D7806.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.