So I mentioned Orange County Choppers recently and how fake that show was...

Alex_C

Tele-Afflicted
I agree, although I watched the English version “Scrapheap challenge” more often.

I don't know if you saw the “Scrappy Races” special series but if you didn't here's the first episode, and you can go from there.
I need to VPN to the UK to watch this, but thanks for the link.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Ya know, if you take the word "badass" and substitute "dumb" for "bad," you often get closer to the truth.
Like the individuals around here with jacked up blackety black blackout pickup trucks that somehow NEVER have mud on them. And whose drivers don't meet the height requirements for carnival rides.

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Ya know, if you take the word "badass" and substitute "dumb" for "bad," you often get closer to the truth.
Like the individuals around here with jacked up blackety black blackout pickup trucks that somehow NEVER have mud on them. And whose drivers don't meet the height requirements for carnival rides.
Thank you for giving me a reason to post THIS clip.

Go to around 57 seconds to see what I'm on about.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
When they stared making production bikes they had a booth at a “bike week” my father went to (cannot remember where)

He was skeptical but curious and went up to where they had their newly released production bikes sitting

He asked the guys there about them (don’t think it was one of the three from the show) the guy pretty much said you can’t get on it, you can’t touch it and dare not even look!

He said they didn’t really seem customer friendly, they didn’t know if he would buy a bike from them or not

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Lots of those around here

I like the diesel ones that spew out black fumes but get to skirt the emissions we all have to do in my state

I saw a truck just the other day that had two running boards one above the other like stairs to get up into the thing, was about 5 foot off the ground

Yes some people just like what they like but there has to be some sort of psychology behind it

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Lots of those around here

I like the diesel ones that spew out black fumes but get to skirt the emissions we all have to do in my state

I saw a truck just the other day that had two running boards one above the other like stairs to get up into the thing, was about 5 foot off the ground

Yes some people just like what they like but there has to be some sort of psychology behind it
Here in California, they like to play a game with old people who are driving import vehicles. I don't know how they are able to do it, but somehow the diesel driver modifies his rig so that he can put out horrendous clouds of black smoke on demand. Then, usually in a situation where the old people behind him have no place to escape such as making a left turn, they will cover them with smoke. I witnessed a guy in a Ram pickup doing that to an old couple. He had that Beavis and Butthead look on his face while he was doing it.