So I have the choice between THESE two...

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
The function.jpg

Both of them eighties, Japanese made Fernandes "The Function" series.

- The sunburst one is an FST-55 in an ultra-rare variant: in it having a maple fingerboard.
- The Red one is an FST-65, which according to all documentation I found is bone stock.

I still need to try them side by side, but I'm breaking my head over which one I should choose.

Last edited:

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
Red.
Seiji from guitar wolf said it's very important to play a red guitar. I don't always take his advice, but he's right.
This one just looks better. It's actually a good looking red, which a lot of red guitars are not. The sunburst is not a great looking burst. Plus it's a super strat, it wants to be red.

playforfun

Tele-Afflicted
All I can say is we had a Fernandes neck on an mim tele that was possibly the best most comfortable neck I’ve ever played. That band member sold it and I’ve been looking another neck like that. Oh the burst of course lol

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Well, I went there, tried out both, offered to do a down payment and with me paying the rest over two months. That way, paying wouldn't set me back that much that it would get me into trouble.

The shop didn't agree with my logic, telling me that they'd rather have it that I pay the full thing in one go. Which I am unable to do. So I walked out empty-handed.

Guitarteach

Doctor of Teleocity
The unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm
Well, I went there, tried out both, offered to do a down payment and with me paying the rest over two months. That way, paying wouldn't set me back that much that it would get me into trouble.

The shop didn't agree with my logic, telling me that they'd rather have it that I pay the full thing in one go. Which I am unable to do. So I walked out empty-handed.

They did you a favour.