So I figured that I would get rid of some gear and I found the most fulfilling way to do so.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

DSC02376.JPG DSC02374.JPG DSC02375.JPG triplekick.jpg Yama-chan 1.jpg
    What you're looking at here is what I wanted to get rid of.

So I put on the market place of Facebook and got an offer I couldn't refuse for all of it.

So after we arranged the deal, I asked the guy if he was going to have instruments for every member of his band, he went "No, it'll be for a youth center so kids can go and make music."

Never felt so happy and fulfilled closing a deal on surplus gear, knowing that it's going to be used for something like that.

2. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

That's the best kind of sale to make. Grats on dumping the excess!

3. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I wasn't asking a huge amount, knowing full well that something like a solid state Hughes and Kettner amp isn't really worth all that much to begin with. I'm looking to replace it with either a Fender or Blackstar amp, because I began to hate that "Metal" sound.

But I guess for a typical teenager, it can't have enough gain and saturation.

Nubs, FenderGyrl and Jakedog like this.
  4. Peegoo

Peegoo Friend of Leo's

Heck YES.

Putting musical instruments into the hands of young people is one of the critucal ways we can ensure our humanity is preserved.

Music brings different people together in ways nothing else does.

[saaaaa-LOOT] Blazer!

PhredE, trev333 and erratick like this.
  5. loco gringo

loco gringo Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Liked it. Liking it again, here.

6. tintag27

tintag27 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

A silver lining to all the black clouds up there!
    Thanks, Blazer!

RhythmFender likes this.
  7. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Maybe you could visit this youth group to help them rock, blazer...:)

8. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

That's really great. If you think you sold it for well below reasonable market value (real sale prices, not imaginary ones), then if you can get a receipt from the youth center for the delta below fair market value that might qualify as a charitable donation.

I have some gear that I am probably too cheap to give away. I know I can get good money for it, and I guess I think that it needs to be sold at fair market value to help make sure the recipient isn't just going to waste it. Sentimentally, I want to see good gear used properly and taken care of. Realistically, though, what should I care once it's gone? Logically, I should just cut any emotional connection to it once sold. If someone buys a great instrument from me because they want to immediately light it on fire, why should I care? It's not a living thing, like a dog. It's a hunk of metal and wood. (But maybe because guitars and amps make sound and are beautiful, they feel almost like a living thing. That's why we name them,right?) Oh well, I guess I'm not completely rational.

But if there's a good music program somewhere, such as a public high school, and the band needs gear, I think it would make me very happy to help the kids and band director out by giving them some pretty good quality gear, all for free. Nothing busted, everything set up and working well. The tax deduction would just be icing on the cake.

PhredE likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.