1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

So frustrated right now...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Jakedog, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

So Sweetwater has this “win your wishlist” contest thing going. You make your list, and they choose somebody and announce a winner in December.

Super cool. Says I- “I wouldn’t mind winning some cool stuff for free. I’ll definitely enter that!”

Except that you can’t make a list. It’s impossible. Literally. You go to a product, and click on “add to list”. It prompts you to log into your acct. So you do. Then you go to the product, and click “add to list”, and it prompts you to log into your acct. So you do it again. Then go back to the product, and click “add to list”, and it prompts you to log into your acct.

I give up. Guess I’ll just have to get my crap the old fashioned way. With money.

I know that in the grand scheme of things, this is a pretty silly thing to be upset about. This is just the turd icing on the crap cupcake that this week has been. I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve shouted at no one in particular “why can’t anything just freakin’ work?”.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Jlwctn, nojazzhere, Toadtele and 4 others like this.
  2. whole tone

whole tone TDPRI Member

Do you have an adblocker turned on? I've had the same issue on the musicians friend website trying to add items to my wishlist. I realized it was the adblocker causing the issue. When I turned it off I was able to add the items.

Jakedog likes this.
  3. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe it is not the time yet ? Usually, you have got a maximum price and your wish list can't be more expensive than that limit.
    Or maybe, there is a random wishlist from someone that is choosen, and you get to win the other guy's wishlist. Or something.

Jakedog likes this.
  4. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Call the rep?
    I bought a $6 plastic TVJ filtertron trim ring and a rep called me up to talk about it!

I also shopped and discovered that Fender now offers a two pin split shaft tuner set, sold on Sweetwater, but "temporarily out of stock".
    I chose the "email when we get them back in stock" option.
    I need to call them and find out what time frame we're looking at and when they last had them in stock.
    I only recently saw them on some new guitars and nobody seems to sell the tuner sets except SW, who has none.

nojazzhere and Jakedog like this.
  5. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

I just added a couple of things to my wishlist, and it's working fine. There must be something glitchy going on with your browser.

Jakedog likes this.
  6. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

It is a farming device to accumulate info and to sell it to those manufacturers of the things on your list. The ad blocker thing could be the ‘wall’. Maybe if you use an ad blocker, they don’t want to let you try to win your wishlist?????? Lol.....Nothing free in this world. They want you to play their game.

7. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

Just out of curiosity, what's going on the wishlist? I just added a lefty Les Paul 50s Goldtop and an Orange Rockerverb 50. My preference would be the Marshall Bluesbreaker, but that would have exceeded the $5000 cap.

Jakedog likes this.
  8. Jakedog

Alright, I downloaded the app and it works fine. Just wouldn’t work on Safari on my phone.

9. Jakedog

I’ve got a bunch of stuff on there.

Yamaha studio monitors, SG, Hartke head and a GK cab, a Marshall/Egnater rig that I already have, but I want a duplicate to leave at the studio/rehearsal space. Some other odds and ends.

telemnemonics and johmica like this.
  10. Jakedog

I hear that. Good grief I hate technology.

11. WalthamMoosical

WalthamMoosical Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I'm sure this is no consolation, but it hates you too.

P Thought and Jakedog like this.
  12. Jakedog

It does. Like you wouldn’t believe. You’d think I had a one night stand with its mother, the way it treats me.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I saw a cartoon in a mag years ago, lady looks down and comments that the diamond crusted feature takes the sting out of wearing a chastity belt...

Jakedog, Toto'sDad and Deeve like this.
  14. Randypttt

Randypttt Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Probably just trying to solicit clicks. It's all about the clicks baby!

Ever watch Black Mirror?

Need some zen jakedog. Deep breaths:D

Jakedog likes this.
  15. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I think it's just a new thing JD. I got a mailer from Costco saying that my card was due to expire in a couple of months. IF, I would renew it on their website, I would get twenty bucks off on my next purchase. I attempted to do so, but they kept saying I needed to open the window using my account. I had already done that, but I tried three more times to get to where I could renew my card, but no can do. So, I'm guessing they're hanging onto that twenty bucks pretty tightly.

Jakedog and nojazzhere like this.
  16. Guitharley

Guitharley Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Hahaha.... glad you got it sorted out.... things were gettin real there for a bit

Jakedog likes this.
  17. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

Entered this morning when I used my card to get a bundle of UAD plug-ins.

Jakedog likes this.
  18. Hey_you

Hey_you Tele-Holic

Heh, companys use to pay to get data like that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.