So considering getting my first tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Blackbird86, Oct 8, 2019.

1. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I do not think that American made guitars are necessarily better than imported guitars - anymore than Ford is "better" than Honda. There are some very fine instruments coming out of Asia these days, at very good prices. If your reasons are patriotic, that's a different conversation.

2. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

The good news is that you have one to two years to decide. I have both US and Mex Fenders and they are both great. It's not the country of origin, it's the price point. Spend the next year or two testing all levels of telecaster until you find the one that works best for you. A quick golf analogy – Way back when I played, I took lessons. I had a generic set of clubs, while most people had fancy carbon fiber, graphite or whatever. I wasn't very good so it must have been the clubs. One day the pro takes my driver and starts hitting it 150 years past me. Not the clubs. Saved a boat load of money, too.

3. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I meant to say in my earlier post that I agree with Telecaster88, that Telecasters, especially with traditional style Tele single coil pickups, are consistently bright and twangy. If you put PAF style humbuckers in one, perhaps also paired with certain tone woods (there's a debate waiting to happen), you'll get a darker tone and/or less twang. But as a rule, Telecasters are bright and twangy.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.