1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

So, am I carrying a murse now?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 4pickupguy, Mar 29, 2021.

1. sixstringbastard

sixstringbastard Friend of Leo's

It's a device that carries your stuff. Tell your buddies to shut up and grow up.

irie likes this.
  2. irie

irie Tele-Holic

I tend to limit my load out to my pockets, but if I had to choose one, I would that bag over the fanny pack I see some guys wearing these days.

3. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Telefied Ad Free Member

Mmmm Lady Doctor...

4. cnlbb

cnlbb Tele-Afflicted

I don't know or care but I like that design and could use a smaller pack that fits a book, water bottle and phone. Where'd you pick it up?

5. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The trouble is, denigrating men for acting "womanly" is to denigrate women completely. Not funny, not OK.

6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Checks calendar. 2021. ???

7. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

I have several bags with Molle strips. Including a computer backpack, and a bag that I have used for years as an airline carryon. I They usually have a couple of carabiners attached for hanging up stuff, like sometime my jacket or a water bottle.

Useful and tacticool often cross paths. But when you want to put someone down, you use the tacticool moniker for that useful product...

perttime likes this.
  8. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

Does that work in reverse? Inquiring minds.

9. P Thought

P Thought Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Don't think so. Denigrating women for acting "manly" denigrates women, too.

In case you're serious, I will say that denigrating any broad class of people is uncool, except maybe for real-estate speculators.

TokyoPortrait likes this.
  10. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Poster Extraordinaire

I carried one of these in the field for years when I was in the service, and never felt weird about it.

[​IMG]

11. fjblair

fjblair Tele-Holic

Matching gig bag?

12. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

I’d say so. Why not just denigrate people for being (insert pejorative here)? What’s someone’s gender have to do with it?

13. Tony Forman

Tony Forman Tele-Meister

If I really wanted to I could throw on a kilt and put my EDC in my Sporran. Of course, being Scottish helps a lot.

Mandocaster68 likes this.
  14. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

Living in Japan, I commute on trains a lot. I like to have something to read, so a book, Kindle or iPad.

In summer (the rainy season, to be more precise) it hoses down quite often, so a wee extendable umbrella too - without that you can be soaked through in seconds.

I like to use headphones too, except in summer when I switch to earbud things, but either way, they need somewhere to go too.

I teach at a university at various times during the year, so I also need stuff for that and usually have a packed lunch.

Also, it’s so stinking hot in summer, I wear really light hiking shorts, and wallet and phone are uncomfortable and awkward in them. And I’ve just generally never liked things in my back pockets anyway - I hate sitting in them and end up taking whatever it is out.

It’s been hard to find one perfect bag, and between us we now have a whole selection that occupies a row of hooks, so as to be able to pick the one best suited for the day. I have four backpacks / daypacks, ranging from light nylon that folds up into itself to large courier bag, along with, I think, about six shoulder bags / satchels with straps (four have basically been rejected, as they turned out less than perfect).

Recently though, because of the unmentionables, I’ve done very little commuting, so in winter at least, I’ve been favouring Levi’s jackets, with their handy internal book / Kindle sized pockets.

Summer I suspect I’ll go back to shoulder bags and backpacks, always picking the smallest / lightest one I can get away with for whatever I’m doing.

Pax/
    Dean

15. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Nope, its a one way thing. Women are always right, just, and superior morally and intellectually. Now, my mom, aunt, sister, wife and daughter would say differently since they all had dads, brothers, husbands and sons, and suggest faults balance equally, but they are wrong. Wait -

16. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

It could be worse:

[​IMG]

fjblair likes this.
  17. Heyhey

Heyhey TDPRI Member

Looks like a cool bag to me, but then again, I'm turning 50 this year, have a greying man-bun, wear Birks with socks (I'm in the PNW man), and carry a camera bag (murse?) with me everywhere, so who the hell knows.

Be yourself. :)

18. Heyhey

Heyhey TDPRI Member

Working from home over the last year, I have definitely come to appreciate the comfort of yoga pants. I'm way to lumpy to wear them in public though.

19. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

I have my eye on a lavender knit jumpsuit. If I find the right boots to go with it I’ll post pics.

20. Mandocaster68

Mandocaster68 Tele-Meister

Trout bums roll their eyes at you amateurs...

vest.jpg

stonetone7 and scook like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.