Snouse Black Box 2.0 is here!!!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by songtalk, Feb 23, 2016.

1. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

http://www.snouse.com/index.html

I just got one for 99 bucks! Enter coupon code 99for99 at the end of checkout to get 80 bucks off the new one.

It's a version 1 Blues breaker circuit with a presence control and boost knob (because people complained it could be too quiet at times). Turn those two knobs all the way down and it's the good Ole black box.

I had to have this. The blues breaker circuit sounds soooooooo tweedy and nice. Can't wait to get it and I thought I'd share the good deal before the promotions over!

2. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

"what happens when the number one bluesbreaker clone evolves?" oh that's priceless ...

3. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nothing? lol

Oh I see it's not a "clone" anymore.. cool, a pre-boost. I will try my Stratoblaster clone into my VFE Blues King and see what happens.

sirbergersworth likes this.
  4. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

5. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

6. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

hey guys ... we're going to boost it like the morning glory and add the presence control from the king of tone ... we'll say its evolved, it'll be great!

7. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Wow! There sure is a lot of dislike on this forum for snouse! I would be curious as to why. Seems like he's offering a really nice product at a fair price point which is really no different from what anyone else is doing out there and he's not claiming to have invented the circuit. He is a self-proclaimed huge fanboy of the original Bluesbreaker circuit.

I don't think he's claiming these mods are super unique....just enhancements for a circuit that's already pretty close to perfect in his own words.

I am fine with people having their dissenting opinions....I just fail to see how JHS or VFE are doing something more respectable or something.....

8. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think lots of folks speak very highly of his original Black Box circuit, on this very forum. Including some who have posted in this thread. I suspect the reaction is to the grandiose language in the link. Though probably tempered because Josh is absolutely clear even in the quoted language that it is a clone.

9. artdecade

His original Black Box is a really, really nice clone. And it was priced right as well. I don't have an issue with him trying new things, but his marketing can get a little pretentious. He loses points when he calls himself a "vintage soul from the RiNo Art district" and that his pedals are the "#1 clone" on the market.

Relax, Josh! Let the pedal do the talking. :lol:

5stringsdown likes this.
  10. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Marketing is pretentious by nature. I get the jabs now though.

I just think, if the product rules and it's your only product, it's smart to try a little bit of marketing of your new product.

Also, I detect tongue in cheek in all the ad copy FWIW. I think it's pretty silly and harmless. I'm glad he is listening to the (few if any) complaints people have with the original design. That gets you points in my book.

11. artdecade

No worries. If anyone was to ask what Bluesbreaker to buy, I always recommend Snouse. Best bang for your buck out there!

12. thinkdifferent

thinkdifferent Tele-Meister

Same here!
    Although I wouldn't mind hearing a little more in-depth demo of the v2...

13. King Creole

King Creole Friend of Leo's

This pedal looks great.

14. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

No dislike for Snouse from this guy. Just having fun. Actually wouldn't mind trying a Black Box.

15. El Chivo

El Chivo Tele-Meister

I dig my Black Box. Not on my board at the moment, but I can't see parting with it.

16. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It would look better without those Davies knobs!

17. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

bear in mind that my comments come from a very jaded place where it wouldn't matter if you made the best clone of anything, its that you're making a clone that is a problem.
    there's a decided lack of originality pervasive in the marketplace right now where we're down to splitting hairs on who makes the better copy of something rather than coming up with something, anything new or different.

18. artdecade

True. I know exactly where you are coming from. Personally, I don't have an issue with clones (as long as they are clearly stating that they are indeed clones) of products that are no longer being made. Lots of people would love a Tonebender, but not everyone can solder. I have a HUGE problem with builders that claim to be making an original circuit when it is a component away from something else....

Just
    Here
    Saying

:lol:

19. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

I get that, but I actually can't afford the originals. Not even close. I also don't care if they have been used by others. They are useful designs and my curiosity entertains me. I applaud people for trying to make these unattainable sounds easily attainable for working musicians.

Snouse specifically is great for trying to make his prices fair and his quality above and beyond for his specific clone. Also he's a HUGE blues breaker fan and nerd. He's not just capitalizing on people wanting "another clone".

Still, you make a valid point. Guitars and effecta pedals are on the way out.

Time to buy ableton live and a really nice midi controller!

20. Post-HK

Post-HK Tele-Meister

Heh, well-played.

I really dig the Snouse BBv1, though I don't have one anymore (trying to simplify my dirt selection!). Great pedal at a sweet price. However most of the copy about usefulness of v2 involves Jimi/SRV references...kind of an underwhelming approach for me. I'm not sure how versatile the added Presence knob is except that it will give you "Lenny" tone. :neutral:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.