Snobby Snob Wannabe

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by radiocaster, Feb 21, 2020.

1. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

So I got a Klon clone, a Movall Minitaur, uh, Minotaur.
    mino1.JPG

It looks really classy in real life, the finish is kind of creamy, and it even has the side jacks labeled.
    mino2.JPG
    The only thing I don't like cosmetically is that the LED is blue. It's not too bright because it gets diffused by the transparent knob, but I was thinking red or yellow would have looked better on this pedal.

They are no longer being made possibly because Pauli (is that his name?, German guy with long videos) hated the graphics and pedal names.

It's pretty cool, I never had a Klon type pedal before. I couldn't get a good sound with the gain cranked except with an amp that has 3 band eq. It's not high gain, but it can boost a crunchy amp.

It can also get pretty good sounds with a light crunch, or even no crunch, it can make the guitar sound fatter with the volume control on the pedal turned up. The controls are interactive, turning up the gain or volume will change the tone, so you can use the tone to adjust. The volume can also get more distortion if the gain is cranked.

2. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Holic

Klons and their offspring are not just for snobs. They are useful and functional.
    I use a Tumnus and I get what all the fuss is about.

3. JIMMY JAZZMAN

JIMMY JAZZMAN Tele-Meister

Try a "Soul Food", still available and has a more organic sound.

4. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nah, I don't see the point of getting another one. You've tried them both?

The one I bought is also still available, the dealer I bought it from has more of them.

5. dickey

dickey Tele-Afflicted

I wish these compnaies would stop with the idiotic, stupid,trendy,fancy names for these pedals, & call them what they're supposed to do, like "overdrive","delay",etc. Why I will only use BOSS pedals.

RoyBGood likes this.
  6. Murphcaster

Murphcaster Tele-Meister

If by organic you mean harsh and trebly...then sure ;)
    I used a Soul Food for a while, but through my rig I had to keep the treble and gain very low. i didn't find it flexible or even that great sounding personally. I'm currently using a RYRA and thus ended my search for a klon style pedal.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.