1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

SmOGD

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Digital Larry, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's

Sold my old guitar day -

Took my oldest, a Yamaha AES800, back to the same Guitar Center where I bought it probably 25 years ago. This was my favorite guitar for a long time. Recorded a number of tracks with it. But, when it went into temporary storage earlier this year along with all my other guitars, it was not the first or second or third to come home. In fact all my hangers got taken up by newer ones. It had some good fret wear on the lower 5, a wobbly knob, and one of the screws in the bridge always buzzed unless I glued it in place. The neck was a little narrow for my taste.

I went through the hypothetical exercise of never seeing it again, and decided to let it go. The amount of money is not enough for me to worry about trying to sell it myself e.g. through Reverb.

GC Used had one a few weeks ago but it's gone now. Reverb had two active yesterday and what the guy at GC did as far as I can tell was to offer me half of the lowest priced one on Reverb. Totally anticipating this, I accepted.

I also got rid of an old 1.5 octave MIDI keyboard that Starving Musician a few blocks away told me they didn't want because they couldn't sell it. GC gave me $25 which again was just fine. This is probably where their distribution network is better than Starving Musician which just has 3 stores in the Bay Area.

I'd had that one for probably 20 years and used it a couple times. I'm not really a keyboard player but I do have a MIDI setup so I do use a keyboard every now and then. The one I have now has CV outputs to work with my modular stuff (which is also in storage).

stormsedge likes this.
  2. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

I'm contemplating a similar excursion in the near future to clear room for a few items I'd rather have. I may give the kids an opportunity to take some of it, first.

Digital Larry likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.