Smallsound/Bigsound - Pretty Years

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by abunchofpedals, Aug 31, 2017.

1. abunchofpedals

abunchofpedals Tele-Meister

This pedal always interested me but I was never sure what it did exactly. Hopefully this might shed a little light on what it does and how cool, yet complicated it can be. I had a lot of fun with it. It might not be for everyone because of the work you have to put into it but there is definitely some cool sounds to be had! This is also the first time I ever used an instrument other than a guitar in my videos, so any feedback is appreciated. I came to the conclusion that this isn't just a "guitar" pedal so I wanted to try some new things. I'd say first and foremost, this is a distortion pedal and a modulation pedal second. I would love for other Pretty Years owners to chime and give your opinion on it and how you use it. Thanks!

hongaku likes this.
  2. dr_tom

dr_tom Tele-Meister

Interesting... I've never seen or heard one of these, so that was cool. Thanks.

A bit too complicated for my tastes. I have a tendency to set it & forget it on my pedalboard. For goofing around in the basement, I can see this would be a lot of fun.

3. abunchofpedals

I feel ya, it's a beast.

4. mannequin

mannequin TDPRI Member

love your videos, this pedal looks like a ton of fun! wish it didnt cost a kidney on the used market tho

dr_tom likes this.
  5. abunchofpedals

Thank you! I'm glad you like them :) . Yea I know, it's steep for sure.... unfortunately

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.