Small wildlife

carpenter

Tele-Afflicted
On the way to my garage I saw what looked like a rock on the lawn. Walked over to pick it up and saw it was a
small bunny. Ears down flat sitting straight up. Ok cool I thought. Fast forward 6 hours later told my wife, she said show me. We walk out there. I did not see it right away, thought it was gone. My wife found it 3 feet over
from where I had seen it last. She said it looked dead, soaking wet , laying on it's side. So she pokes it.
Thought i saw its eye move. She tells me no its dead. And she picks it up and moves it over by the garage and says she will bury it tomorrow. I look back and say it is not dead it is moving. She picks it back up we bring it in the house wrap up in a blanket put hair dryer and warm it up. Put it in a cage and let it sleep. So why waste your time with this? I need info on what to feed this thing when it wakes up. Has fur and eyes are open. How old I have no idea. help!

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
IF it wakes up, it may not eat. You could try water with a syringe, as dehydration is the most important thing at this point. In the meantime, check the interweb for a licensed wildlife rehabilitator nearby. It sounds like it might be poisoned, diseased, or injured.
As an ex wildlife carer that advice is excellent.
Keep it warm is all I can add.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's

you might need to ween it on 'Kitten Milk Replacer' ... if it's under 8 months (which it probably is) go to the pet store and get some kitten milk and little bottle just in case. :)

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
Hate to be a doom sayer, but bitten by a cat it's a goner. Cats do not chew, but shred and swallow. When they make a predatory or defensive bite it floods the wound with saliva that contains bacteria that immediately starts breaking down muscle and tendon fiber. That's why when you see a cat playing with a mouse and doesn't run it's because he can't. I was bitten through the thumb, within 4 days my arm had swollen 3 times. Almost lost 2 fingers. Other than that Cats are fine pets.
... or a cat, my sisters rabbit got dragged over our garden wall by a cat

Junkyard Dog

Friend of Leo's
I can't give you any advice on how to take care of it yourself, but around here we have nature centers and so forth that will take in little critters that people find that are sick/injured/orphaned and rehabilitate them. Maybe your town has something like that?