Slow mail?

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I always try and mail stuff "First Class" or "Priority."
If you pick any other way, they just duct tape it to the back of a mental patient and push him out the back door.

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Rural address in one state to a rural address in another state is not happening within a week for at least two years now. Priority mail seems to be more like the old first class mail. This seems like a scheme to covertly raise prices without raising prices. As long as we plan ahead, it seems fine, but USPS needs to stop lying about their estimated delivery times IMO.

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Has the mail been running slow like it did last Xmas?

I sent something out well over a week ago and it hasn't arrived as far as I know.

Just wondering if there's an issue that I haven't heard about

I shipped 5 1st Class packages (#0 mailers) on the 20th and all are out for delivery today.

I'm in the middle of nowhere 30 miles east of Yuma AZ. Packages went mostly back east.

I ship via USPS almost daily and have seen no delays this season so far.

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
It is spotty, and yes, there are problems. Getting enough people PO'd is a good way to invoke improvements.

But IME, "late" checks are usually a result of mishandling after delivery, and not due to the PO. I rarely send checks any more and use online payments/withdrawals as much as possible.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Let's focus on the humorous for the holiday. A postal clerk told me last year that a young adult actually asked her where to place a stamp on a # 10 envelope. :lol:

^^^^My 20-year-old - who's a dead shot and can build a mechanical watch - came to me and asked the same question. God help them if they have to write a check!

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
My cousin in Seattle asked me for my address last Saturday. I received his Christmas Card yesterday. So, no not slow.

WalthamMoosical

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Took my new Tonerider pickups 13 days to get from NYC to my place a couple hundred miles to the north. At least they gave me a day-by-day account of its road trip through West Va.

Honestly, though, it still seems like a miracle. I put a little sticky rectangle that costs about 50 cents in the corner (which one?--editor) of an envelope and in almost all cases it arrives in about 4 days exactly where I wanted it to go, even if that's 2500 miles away. The occasional delays are somewhere between amusing and frustrating, but it's still a remarkable deal. What's the alternative?

jrblue

Friend of Leo's
In my experience, the USPS has recovered from the previous administration's efforts to destroy it. I do a lot of small shipping by mail, and lots of the stuff I buy online is coming via USPS since UPS and FedEx are now outrageously expensive (again, thanks to the previous administration). Maybe I'm just lucky, but for me the USPS is a minor success story. Deadlines are met, tracking is usually spot on. Fortunately, we do have a strong and capable local delivery staff at our PO.