1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Slovenia and around (Italy, Austria, Croatia, Bih, Montenegro, Macedonia...)

Discussion in 'International Member Clubs' started by jakaj, Jul 19, 2013.

1. jakaj

jakaj Tele-Meister

Hi all, just wondering if there is tele love around the South of Europe? I know I'm a fan. I choose English, because half the fun of these culturally specific threads is to learn about each-others situations - perhaps help eachother book tours?

So anyone, chime in? I would like to leave politics and religion out of this if possible - you know how neighbouring countries can get.

2. porto leone

porto leone Tele-Meister

Macedonia is an illegal name for FYROM, please replace it properly.

3. jakaj

jakaj Tele-Meister

Dear Porto leone, I am sorry, but in spite of your strong objection I do not know how to change it (or deletel the thread), so let me here state, to avoid a political argument, that by Macedonia I meant Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (or FYROM), though the Greek administrative unit of the same name (and any other) is of course welcome as well. I am used to calling it Macedonia, as this is what everyone called and still calls it in former Yugoslavia, I did not mean any offense to Greeks, in fact I have no idea why such offense would be taken.
    I would however ask that everyone refrain from political agitation, this is a turbulent region, I understand tensions may run high, but let us rise above petty squabbles and discuss instruments and music instead, what do you say?

RomanS likes this.
  4. porto leone

porto leone Tele-Meister

i get your point but you have to ask the moderators to change the thread title. i don't want to discuss any political things here too. change it and we can talk about only music and fun staff.
    best regards to Slovenia!

5. warthog

warthog Tele-Meister

Hello from Rogatec in Slovenia! We are right next to the spa town of Rogaska Slatina.

I live here in Slovenia with my wife (who is Slovene) and my two boys. However, I am American.

I play in a rock band called Drugo Leto with My main guitars being a Squier 51 (2013), a fraknstrat (1992) and anAm Ser Tele (2003).

Love it here on the sunny side of the alps!

A

6. jakaj

jakaj Tele-Meister

Welcome warthog! That's a nice part of the country, I hear. Will be sure to come see your band, when I get a chance. Nice collection!

7. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

Here we go again :rolleyes:

8. jakaj

jakaj Tele-Meister

shhhht! ;)

9. Urban

Urban Tele-Meister

I'm from Slovenia and I love Telecasters (that's why I'm here, on this forum). My main guitar is PV AV52 which I absolutely love. I don't play in a band at the moment but I have a bass player and we're looking for a drummer to put together a rockabilly/blues/country/surf kinda mixed band.

10. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

Hey Jakaj,
    I applaud your idea to start this club. I've had the same intention for a while, but I would always stumble on how to define it. Each country is too small to form a club, so didn't know whether to call it Ex-Yugoslavia, Eastern Adriatic , Alpe-Adria etc.

Fortunately, this region is more integrated musically then it is politically, so you'll all know what I mean when I say that Telecasters are greatly popular among the big stars like Bajaga,Prljavo kazaliate, Parni valjak. The problem I find to often is that even though they play the Telecaster, the sound is so processed that it could just as well be any guitar. No twang whatsoever.

11. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

That not is all lost in the region, here's a great new player from Montenegro, Kristijan Djuranovic.

12. jakaj

jakaj Tele-Meister

Hey Urban, great to see you! Be sure to post updates when your band gets together. I am well aware drummers are in high demand over here, but persevere! It took me almost a year to get a trio together - drummers...

Hey Vladimir, thank you! Well the 80s scene was overproduced all over the place I find. Though attitudes towards telecasters here can be interesting - I had a band recording in my little studio and the guy had a few guitars with him, strats, les pauls, ibanez... And we were recording a tight bluesy part so I handed my tele to him - and he says: "I have moved on from tele's in highschool!" !!!??? Interesting Montenegrin scene :) their cultural evolution is great to watch - in a way faster evolving than Slovenian...

13. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

Shockingly, I had the same attitude when I was younger, but fortunately, we get wiser with age.

14. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

Urban, since you mentioned Rockabilly, checkout these guys, B & The Bops.

15. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

Im usually in Italy once or twice every summer ,-does that count ?
    Hello from Denmark !

16. Urban

Urban Tele-Meister

Hehe, I was just listening to them yesterday. :) Cool band.

17. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

Yeah, they put on a great show, especially when the bass player puts his upright bass on his shoulder like Hendrix.:lol:

I saw them open once for another excellent Rockabilly band from Belgrade, whose name escapes me now. The singer has tattoos all over his arms while the guitar player also plays a Tele, sans the bigsby.
    It was a cool Rockabilly showdown, only Tele's, no Gretches, if you can imagine that.:cool:

18. jakaj

jakaj Tele-Meister

Hi Viking - of course it counts! I spent most of the last four years in England, and I still count as Mediterranean :) (I like to think)

19. clapton

clapton TDPRI Member

hi everyone, greetings from Montenegro! I play guitars for almost ten years now, dont have a band but I'll start workin on it soon I hope. :)

started on a ****ty classical guitar made in Croatia (sorry Vladimir). some years after I bought an SX strat and played it till the frets wore out, sold it and then bought a tele, FSR Butterscotch Blonde. I went to buy something from a Classic Vibe series, but ended up with Mexican tele on discount. :)

I mainly play blues, blues rock, funk...

20. Catawompus

Catawompus Tele-Meister

Sorry, Leo, the rest of Europe thinks different. Get your state finances in gear and we'll talk again.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.