Slo-Nakid 6v6 no distortion

invaderzim68

TDPRI Member
Woohoo!!!!!! I got gain now lol. The amp sound really good. I still need to get voltages and post them and set my bias correctly but it now sound like I would expect. I will probably replace that wire from the gain pot to the grid resistor just to be sure it doesn't fail again. It seems to be shorted either internally or I melted the internal insulation when I soldered it to the pot or eyelet.

dan40

Friend of Leo's
Congratulations! It's very easy to melt those shielded wires if you keep the iron on too long. I keep a can of compressed air nearby when doing those. Flip the can upside down and it'll spray a freezing blast of cold air. As soon as I pull the soldering iron off of the wire and the solder sets, I'll quickly cool the wire with a blast from the can. This trick also works well to cool off a potentiometer case if I need to solder a ground to it.

To make your job of taking voltage readings easier and safer, grab yourself a set of mini-clips for your meter leads. These allow you to clip your black meter lead directly to the chassis and your red meter lead directly to the pin you are measuring. They make the chance of slipping off and creating a short much less likely.

andrewRneumann

Friend of Leo's
yes that is a mistake in my chart. I will fix it.

Revised resistance chart:

SLO-100 Nakid 6V6 Resistances.png

Join the Resistance!