"Sit Down I Think I Love You" - Buffalo Springfield

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Such a great and important band. I listened to some of this box set (Rhino records) the other day while I was working in the yard and thought the same as @Chiogtr4x above. They really laid the groundwork for so much of what was to come in the late 60s and 70s. In particular I was reminded of the overall sound of the music and how fresh and creative it was. Combining psychedelic fuzz tones with country and jazz tones sounds as fresh today as did back then. Harmonies!!!!-fugget about it! "She's a joy to knowwww."

1656768924278.png
-

bowman

Friend of Leo's
They were truly original, and brilliant. Stills is so well known, but somehow underrated. He wrote all the best songs in every band he was in. He’s been an inspiration to me for a long time. His records with Manassas barely get a blip on the radar these days, but they are great.

johnb

Tele-Meister
Two words - "Uno Mundo"
I was ready to get my tickets when their Columbia, SC show was cancelled after the murder of Dr. Martin Luther King. It was a sad time in our history.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Richie Furay was their secret weapon.
Furay is arguably the best white male voice, in pop music in my lifetime. He was, if anything, better with Poco than with the Springfield I thought.

I thought the original lineup was remarkably balanced (Springfield). If there's an unexplored aspect of this band, it would be Bruce Palmer. Never heard anyone quite like him, up to that time.

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
If ever I had to listen to B.S. all day, it would be these guys. Great band.

This is a solid tune but I prefer the Mojo Men version.
Who? Mojo Who?

Just kidding. But I resented the idea that someone else would chart one of these fantastic songs and somehow the Springfield was overlooked. And so I get kinda sore when "Sit Down I Think I Love You" comes on, either version. I don't like to be reminded of what should have been.

Lest the young people here get the impression that tons of people talked about this band and knew of them - not so fast. I promise, back then I made a study out of it. I'd be talking to someone in the 1970s, 1980s, right up until the Oliver Stone movie use of "FWIW" was rediscovered. So many totally blank stares. People were trying to be polite (usually) but they didn't know - you mean Rick Springfield? People would know The Outsiders or Argent or Small Faces or The American Breed and still not know who the Buffalo Springfield were. Just tell them "Crosby Stills Nash & Young"- two of those guys' original band and a smile of recognition might occur. But not before, so often.