1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Sirius XM why in the world would they...?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Boxla, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Boxla

Boxla Tele-Meister

I've had Sirius since the day Howard Stern signed on. I will drop it when he does if not before. I've even had a ton of Sirius stock, which always sucked.

One thing I can't understand is their seeming throwing away money to pay artist for their channel. First off, I can only assume they pay them. So going off that assumption and that fact that I believe, like Netflix, they are not making money yet. They are bringing in a ton of money but have more expenses.

So why would they drop a channel name like Backspin only to rename it LL Cool J's channel. It's the exact same songs. Why pay anyone, such as LL, one single penny. Does changing the name bring in more listeners to that channel? I can't imagine as it's the only ch playing that music. If you want to listen to old school hip hop, you tune into Ch 43 regardless of the name.

Some I understand probably bring in some listeners and make it a sound financial move but some I can't imagine. I guess it depends on what they pay them. They once paid Oprah 50 million a year just to put her name on a channel.
    Surely the Dead ch brings in listeners as does as does Margaritaville.
    Pitbull-maybe
    Billy Joel--? enough to equal what they have to be paying him?
    Beatles-probably
    Elvis-maybe
    Little Steven--can't imagine
    Pearl Jam--maybe
    Phish--maybe
    Dave Mathews-maybe
    Eminem--probably
    Tom Petty--can't imagine
    Ozzy-maybe
    Garth Brooks--maybe
    Kenny Chesney--probably
    Willie Nelson-maybe
    Dwight Yoakam--can't imagine
    Sinatra-probably

I could be WAY off on this^

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  2. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Holic

I was happy when a buddy finally stopped renewing his subscription. He mostly kept it on the Elvis channel. I can understand the 50s stuff, but Fat Elvis crooning for hours made me want to grab the wheel and swerve us into oncoming traffic.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.