1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Sir Paul McCartney and his 'new' 54 tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Ecadad, Aug 5, 2020.

1. aeyeq

aeyeq Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

“New Tele plays like butter but the pickups are weak. School me on replacements? I play classic rock.”

2. BUG80

BUG80 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

"I have this Squier Bullet neck that I like better than the stock one. Will that be an easy swap?"

Anyway how do we like the new album? I like it. Quite a few nice songs and great sounds. I'm pretty sure I am hearing the telecaster all over the album but of course that is hard to tell sometimes.

aeyeq likes this.
  3. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Late to this thread but you’re all missing the trick here. That ‘photo does show a genuine ‘54 left-handed Tele. It looks new because, when the pic. was taken it was new. Paul was only about 15.

BUG80 likes this.
  4. BUG80

BUG80 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

That actually makes perfect sense!

Wrighty likes this.
  5. Miff

Miff Tele-Meister

He’s done stuff like that quite often over the years e.g. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-50450945 (helping out another well known Tele player fallen on hard times) and I’m sure it’s not too hard to find other examples.

Not long after recording both McCartney I and McCartney II Paul found himself having to find a new band, the first time because of the Beatles split and the second time because Wings sort of faded away. Does McCartney III mean the days might be numbered for his present band? I hope so. Nothing much against them but they’ve never been that special and a change might be for the good.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.