Single worst line of lyrics....

Friend of Leo's
imo, Love the band and their output but .... you can't beat Procul Harum for some crazy/inane lyrics
eg This from Good Captain Glack:
"The naked muse who sits and chews tobacco off a tree removes his shoes gives way to booze and searches endlessly" 🤔

Winky

Tele-Holic
That's what Manfred Mann is singing.

The real song goes:

Yeah s/he was blinded by the light
Cut loose like a deuce
Another runner in the night

"Elementary penguin singing Hare Krishna man you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allen Poe".
I going to have to stop you right there. That song has arguably the greatest lyrics in music.

Hodgo88

Tele-Holic
Ad Free Member
If you compare a thing with a similar sort of thing it's not a simile. Saying a mountain looks like another mountain ain't simile. Sorry.

And symbolism? I don't think so :lol:

If you're going to try and capture the majesty and imperiousness of a mountain, you wouldn't compare it to another, smaller mountain.
It's a clumsy, pretentious, ill conceived and poorly executed line.
If I brought something like that to my band I would be shot with balls of my own cack.
The people defending this as simile are not taking it as a comparison to another literal mountain, but as a mythological seat of the gods.

Nevermind that Kilimanjaro is 200 miles away from the Serengeti and you'd need a balloon to spy it.

notmyusualuserid

Poster Extraordinaire
The people defending this as simile are not taking it as a comparison to another literal mountain, but as a mythological seat of the gods.

Nevermind that Kilimanjaro is 200 miles away from the Serengeti and you'd need a balloon to spy it.
I don't think they are :)

Mouth

Friend of Leo's
One is a European mountain, one is an African mountain.
Simile...

European mountains are non-migratory.

images.jpeg-18.jpg