Single Brand Pedal Board?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Seanus187, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

I think I could do an all boss board if I could go without my Big Muff and Rat. I'd be left with TU-3 > CS-3 > OS-2 > RC-1, really I would like to put an OC-3 and a TR-2 on there but I'm skint and my amp already has a lot of modulation effects built in.

2. steam-powered

steam-powered Tele-Meister

Several years ago I had dozens of pedals. After owning/selling dozens of compressors, phasers, and delays, I would argue that MXR has completely cornered the tone I appreciate for country and funk. It wasn't my intention to go with just one brand, just turned out that way.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    troy2003 likes this.
  3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

That's cool. I can see it happening once in awhile with a small board.

My old living room mini board was all one brand:

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

4. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

it would be fun to see a 90's DOD board

5. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Telecaster obsessed but incapable of obsessive brand loyalty...

I would find it easier to have no two same brand pedals than all same brand pedals.
    In a pinch I could do all Ibanez/ Maxon, but there are so many ways to distort and sustain a guitar signal, and I find most of them bother the hell out of me in some way.
    So it's not that I want "the best sounds", it's more that I want the least annoying sounds.

The mechanicals of Boss pedals is so good though, and the possibility of having all pedals be the same shape and switch location is pretty attractive.
    I think it's more obsessive to have many brands than to stick with one brand that works well and can be quickly replaced anywhere on earth.

6. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

I have a hybrid board--half-dozen brands on one board, if you count MXR and Dunlop separately--but I could do an MXR board more easily than any other brand. Between their M66 Classic Overdrive, Phase 90, M133 Micro Amp and M169 Carbon Copy Analog Delay, that's 90% of what I want/need anyway.

I'm never going to do that, though...I'd miss the Rocktron Hush and the Dunlop JH2S Jimi Hendrix System Classic Fuzz and the Boss RT20 and the Lone Wolf Blues Company Harp Break and the Crybaby Wah and even the ol' TU2 tuner.

7. cntry666

cntry666 Friend of Leo's

Funny I have a few random boards but this time I wanted same brand so I got this together. I use just these two and a Plant Waves tuner. Done.

[​IMG]

8. Seanus187

Seanus187 TDPRI Member

Didn't expect too see so much positive talk on this topic. I guess I'm used to posting on YouTube where haters thrive.

Seems small boards can easily take the single manufacture route. I'm going to expand my boss collection by hopefully adding some of their Waza Craft stuff. Anyone have any experience with them?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.