1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Singing and Playing by a Body of Water

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Flip G, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Flip G

Flip G Tele-Meister

I tried this for the first time recently and thought my voice sounded better than I'd ever heard it before. I took my Taylor Big Baby and sat on a rock by a narrow waterway near my house -- the channel's part of a small lake in a park downtown -- and performed for myself, six ducks, and some unseen marijuana-smokers. (Didn't turn around -- just smelled them.) My playing and singing were tentative at first, but by the third song, I was into it.

I was focused on this one leaf in the water that wasn't drifting. The others were all floating lazily past. I played a game in which I tried to spot a second stationary leaf, which I never did. But the distraction took my mind off of my nerves.

I wanted to do it again, this time recording myself with my Zoom Handy, but Environment Canada predicts overcast skies, rain showers, and flurries for the next several days. :(

When I do record myself, I hope to duplicate the results with my Loudbox Mini and Mic Mechanic.

But how'll I duplicate that reverie induced by that single leaf?

Maybe buy a Roomba and detail it with some hypnotic stripes?

[​IMG]

2. Paulie_Boy

Paulie_Boy Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

How far away were those "unseen smokers?" :D No, seriously now...just call on the memory. Isn't that the stuff they teach in acting classes to get in character? Sound like you had a nice experience.

Flip G likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.