Simple power supply solution

paperman

TDPRI Member
Last update after a few tests.
conneting to the daisy chain (unfortunately I have 5-pin daisy and 6 pedals):
- simplifier + 4 pedals (analog) = hiss
- 4 pedals (analog) + Ditto (digital) = hiss
- simplifier + 3 pedals (analog) + Ditto (digital) = NO HISS !
- simplifier or 1 pedal only (analog) = hiss
- Ditto only (digital) = NO HISS !
how is it possible?

Junkyard Dog

Friend of Leo's
You could take your board into Guitar Center (or similar) and try the supplies out right there before buying…assuming not too inconvenient.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
CIOKS all the way. Selectable voltages and fits under any board and expandable with the same power cord. Isolated. No brainer.

Rich_S

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
The OP said “simplest” right in the thread title. The simplest solution is an isolated power supply. It will just flat-out work, no problems.

You could try a basic daisy-chain and it might work, or it might not. If not, then you’ll need to screw around with a second supply for a digital pedal, sorting out which pedal(s) are causing problems, etc.

A good isolated power supply might cost a little more, but it lets you spend your time playing instead of trouble shooting. It also avoids having that god-awful power strip full of wall warts next to all your nice pedals.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
I got tired of AC ripple and hiss in the chain so I went wireless. Guitar cable in, guitar cable out. Done.

Fly-Rig-Board-CR.jpg

This is a 12vDC rechargeable lithium pack that runs the Fly Rig for more than 40 hours on a single charge. Do a little math based on the total current draw of your pedals, and you can calculate how long a battery pack will last per its advertised mA/hour rating. Note that some makers wildly exaggerate their mA/H rating. The Talentcell battery (Amazon) I used here was really close on their advertised numbers.

I have a similar thing for my Red Truck pedalboard, but it's a 9v pack.