Simple MIDI capable guitar rig?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by naveed211, Apr 8, 2020.

1. naveed211

naveed211 Tele-Holic

So, I put my hat in the ring to audition for a local band. They seem to have their stuff figured out and insist on a MIDI capable rig on in-ears (suggested Helix or similar, but I really don’t like Helix...or similar).

I want a super simple solution without having to navigate through menus for my tone. The Iridium looks great, and I’ve had an Effectrode Blackbird, but neither have a MIDI connection.

I’m totally new to the world of MIDI. I’d guess they’d want it to be able to lock time based effects to the click...or something? I’ve always preferred monitors and keeping things loose (no click) during a live show, so this is definitely putting myself out of my comfort zone.

Are there any simple rig solutions (knob based, basic layout, few or no menus to scroll) that also have MIDI capability?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.