Similarity

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 1955, Apr 10, 2012.

1. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Anybody notice a slight similarity between the melody of Bill Hullett's "Street Racer" (about a minute and 10 seconds in - track 10 on "Two-Lane Blacktop") and Keith Urban's "Put You In A Song?" It's not exact, just similar. I Iove both tracks, and both guitarists, just heard it and wondered if anybody else heard a little similarity. No anti-contemporary country music comments pretty-please.

2. Bill  Hullett

Bill Hullett Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

well......

I just went and listened to Kieths "Put YOu In A Song". I personaaly don't see the simularity in what you're hearing, But if my song holds up against KU's and reminds you of Speed Racer...I'll take that compliment anyday!!...

I actually wrote that song the night before the session and I didn't even have a melody yet when I cut it...I'll fess up and say I was humming a Juice Newton tune "Loves Been A Little Bit Hard On Me" when I put it together!!!:lol::oops:

Bill Hullett

3. 1955

Wow! Thanks for commenting, Bill!

It's great to hear the story behind the song. I find myself returning to Two Lane Blacktop again and again. A great album with tone to die for.

4. 1955

Now I feel completely awesome, one of the best Tele players in the world just answered my question. Thanks, Bill! Thanks TDPRI! Very cool.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.