Sid Hudson--A Real Telemonster!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by FChief, Apr 27, 2011.

1. FChief

FChief NEW MEMBER!

His name is Sid Hudson. A real Telemonster!

A great Hybrid Picker.

I saw him at a large music store in Virginia April 23rd giving a Jazz guitar clinic playing an ES-175.

He had a band of 5 and they were all incredible jazz musicians.

He use to play with the Don Kelley band back in the early 80s before taking a job with Barbara Mandrell and played with her until she retired.

He quit playing guitar around 1993 and went to racing karts. About 2.5 years ago he quit racing and started practicing again and on rare occasion gives seminars around Virginia.

Also saw him setting in with a band in Nashville last summer.

Go see him if you get the chance. It was unbelievable!

Check out this Youtube clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ct5RkJOEKA

2. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

Wow! That was some slick pickin'. Thanks for posting.

3. cuzzinmark

cuzzinmark Tele-Meister

Fabulous stuff! I want every one of those lines-I'm going to spend some time picking this apart-what great tone, taste and technique, and all in the most musical of ways...

I read Sid's posts on compressors a couple of days ago and meant to look up some of his stuff-thanks for making this easier, and for reminding me, FChief!

4. D_Schief

D_Schief Tele-Holic

FChief -- D_Schief here. Do you think we're maybe related? :lol:

I saw that clinic advertised on Richmond's Craiglist, but was unable to go. I'm not familiar with Sid Hudson, but know Kip the drummer and have heard Keith Horne, the bass player -- they are "the real deal" musicians. I had other commitments that I couldn't get out of and was unable to get down to Chesterfield.

I've since looked Sid up on "the Web" -- anyone mentioned in the same breath as Redd, Brent and Johhny Hiland has to be doing something right! Right?

I'm fairly new to the Richmond area, and still trying to figure out who all of the really good guitar players are in the area, so that I know from whom I should be stealing licks. Any suggestions?

Sid -- I see that you've made a few posts here recently. Welcome, Sir! Sit down and stay a spell. I'll be looking for you to be playing around the area, I hope!

Nice to meet you both!

Dave Schieferstein
    Richmond, VA

5. Redd Volkaert

Redd Volkaert Tele-Holic

Yikes!!

Keith Horn and Sid Hudson together, holy cow thats some amazing music coming off that stage.

Sid is an amazing player and a real nice guy. Horn will make you mad, he plays guitar as good as he does the bass.

Redd

6. Chutist

Chutist Tele-Holic

Not what I was expecting at first glance, but great stuff! :D
    Those Hudson boys can play!
    Saul Hudson is not slouch either. ;)

7. Rob Moody

Rob Moody Tele-Meister

Incredible video, incredible playing. Ive been trying to transcribe the solo off this video for about 6 months, really tough work working out licks from youtube vids!

8. DblStop

DblStop Tele-Holic

Man Keith Horn and Sid on the same stage that's some SCARY PICKERS right there!!! Keith just recently moved back to the Richmond Va. area after being in Nashville for a long time.Not only is Sid an awesome player he's good people also,i've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and they just don't get any better than Sid :)

9. Darkskybandit52

Darkskybandit52 Tele-Meister

The drive just to be in the store and see him there was worth it. I always enjoy meeting good players like Sid.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.