Sick to my stomach ... or maybe that's my heart ...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guit-jitsu, Jun 24, 2012.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

was it her place?... or a place you got together?...

what does the ***** say?...

2. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sounds like the time has come. I would bet that you will look back at this as good news one day although that might take years...

3. javabirds

javabirds Tele-Holic

Get out of Nashville. Move out out to the country and paint your mailbox blue.

4. camatillo

camatillo Tele-Meister

Oh boy do I feel your pain !! Totally different story for me, but the outcome very similar, just not as friendly. Never, I mean never, commit yourself to someone who is not your proper match. I did that and have a daughter,(whom I love dearly), and now I have a soon to be ex wife who has trashed my entire life all because she wanted what she wanted and no compromises. I compromised most everything and there was no making her happy. Good thing there are no kids or property involved. Move on down the road and count yourself as incredibly lucky. I wish you the best of luck, you are free and you can start the dance again, once you recover that is.

5. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My last relation ship ran aground on similar reasons, I found out rather quickly that she wasn't the one and I started feeling awkward whenever I was with her and drifted away from her.

But rather than her being the one to address me about it, I decided to be the one to end it. It felt bad, so much effort in making this work and I just couldn't get it right. But at the same time it also felt like a great relief, I didn't have to go through the motions anymore, I was free.

Six years on, I'm still single and the occasional endeavor has so far led to nothing but I'm confident, I will find Miss Right some day.

6. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

There's some truth in that, I'll admit.

7. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

Be thankful you found out now and not down the road. Yeah Breaking up hurts, but you will eventually get over and move on.

Hopefully you'll find someone that you have in common with.

8. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

No, I'm really not that cynical. Sorry for sounding so harsh. I guess a lot of women would say the same thing about men, eh? It's just that I've been down that road. For me, it was after 28 years of marriage. But I was single for 5 or 6 years after that. Of course, I had 3 young adult children still living at home with me which made it hard to develop any kind of a relationship. But I'm ok now and time heals most wounds. You'll be ok. Good luck.

9. Red Square

Red Square Friend of Leo's

My guess is that it is just as bad (or worse) for her.
    But you did the right thing....getting off the pot...and setting her free.

10. rokdog49

rokdog49 Friend of Leo's

It goes both ways....:rolleyes:

11. rolling56

rolling56 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Why did you have to leave? I would have told her to get the f'er out.

12. Gringo13

Gringo13 Tele-Holic

Well, I'm sorry to hear you're in distress about a place to live and the lifestyle change that is to ensue. It sucks that she's forced you to change the situation, but that's the way it is and it's probably a good thing, as complaceny rots your soul. You have two things to do...
    1. Do some creative **** while the emotions are raw and real. I prefer to team up with a Tele and Jack Daniel's, but red wine will work.
    2. Enjoy Nashville as a single man should! I miss living there and will eventually be back because my lifestyle just fits better there than any other town I go to. Now you don't have to feel guilty about flirting back to the drunk tourist girls. : )

13. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

I'm sorry to hear of your pain. I think E5RSY is right, though. If it wasn't right, then it would have to end sometime so you both could move on. And you don't want to hear that when you're hurtin', I know, I didn't either. But you will bounce back, and things will get better. It did for me. And then, while not even looking, I found 'the one' and we've been happy and together, with little ups and downs, for quite a while now. And I wouldn't change things for anything. (Well, I'd change the # of teles I have, but that's all.)

I'm thinking of you, and praying that the pain eases quickly. Write something, play your music, get it out. And then you can move on.

14. cacibi

cacibi Friend of Leo's

I went through a very similar experience, and about 7 or 8 months after moving out - I met my wife!

Just take this time to focus on yourself and get your head together. You'll be fine but like everything, it takes time.

15. Guit-jitsu

Guit-jitsu Tele-Afflicted

Well, she did own the condo we were living in, lol!

Thanks for the support TDPRI! I'm hangin' in the best I can. Sucks right now, but I'm excited about the next chapter ...

16. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Sorry to hear it, man. Change is hard, but it sounds like you have already decided that it's for the best. Like others have said, take time to heal. Then get out there and enjoy the benefits.of.being single.

17. Warren Pederson

Warren Pederson Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

head out into the country, maybe a tiny little town. It can be a rich and rewarding experience.

18. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

You'll get through this and on the other end is a greater realization of who you really are.

I really am hurting for you though. It is better to get out now though, than to wait and have it turn really nasty and bitter.

Go to the bluebird.

19. LeroyBlues

LeroyBlues Tele-Holic

+1

The best songs come from these life experiences.

20. Toriginal

Toriginal Former Member

18 years of marriage the first time and then I walked. 10 years of marriage the second time and then she walked. I've done the motel thing. Go for a walk. Hold your head high. No head hanging kicking stones. Life awaits and smiles beget smiles.
    I turned off classic rock and started listening to the Blues. The Blues makes one feel good about feeling bad or so they say.
    All I can say is it is survivable and change is inevitable and the ups and down are normal.
    My 3rd marriage's third anniversity is coming up too. LOL.
    I just Love women. What can I say.
    It took me 28 years to learn 4 words.
    Yes Dear
    &
    I'm Sorry. (it doesn't matter who's fault it is)
    Hang in there Man.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.