Showers or Baths: How many a day?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Jul 30, 2019.

1. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

Once a day in cooler weather(Nov-April), 2-3 in hot weather (May-Oct). I live in Central Florida.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  2. stanger

stanger Tele-Meister

I shower every 2-3 days, depending on the heat, but I wash my face and hands quite a lot. I, too, am aging, and I don't sweat as much now as I once did.
    regards,
    stanger

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. Mase

Mase Tele-Meister

Back on the tools and wearing hi viz these days, so usually just shower in the evening.
    Different story when I was office bound.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  4. hotpot

hotpot Tele-Afflicted

A hot bath is one of life's luxuries for me, I love to relax in a hot bath once a week with a cup of tea, I use the shower maybe twice a week, the rest of the time I have a wash down at the basin every day.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  5. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

What’s this place? Elle magazine?

When the family all complain and not within a couple of hours of a gig. Makes my callouses soft and I can cut myself on the strings.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Larry F likes this.
  6. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Afflicted

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Top.

Dr Improbable likes this.
  7. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Once a day, but in summer in Australia, several a day.

8. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

What's next?

9. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

We looked at 30yrs of bathing and ticked "bathtub usage" off the list. Neither of us used the tub more than 4 or 5 times over 30 yrs. When we had multiple cats, the guest bathroom tub was where the cat-boxes were. In the new home, no bathtub in the master and we'll eventually convert the guest bath to shower only (if we do anything to it at all, currently a fiberglass tub/shower combo).

I shower depending on what I've been doing. Sedentary: I shower/shave every other day...usually in the morning. On 'non-shower' days, I usually take a GI spit bath (washrag at the sink, etc.). Physical labor: when the job is done and I've cooled off or stopped sweating.

RLee77 likes this.
  10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I don’t even know what Elle magazine is.

I get Fur Fish and Game, Road and Track, Chest and Back Hair Journal , and Rod and Gun.

Occasionally I’ll roll around in the dust, stand up, and whatever/wherever it sticks my wife will hose off with the Sears Craftsman 30 footer.

Larry F, RLee77, h4ck.b0x7 and 5 others like this.
  11. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Bowl on a stand in the yard with bird poop in the water.

h4ck.b0x7 and Mike Eskimo like this.
  12. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Amazed no one has said 'pics or it didn't happen'

Shower to wake up, shower to wash off the day. As per others, some activities get one so grimy another shower might be in there

A bath to me borders on medical treatment and I try to do it twice a month minimum. If it were illegal and only available through your doctor people would have a higher opinion of a bath's benefits

13. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Think about what generally is the first thing to hit the water when you’re taking a bath. And then you got to tell me how different that is from swimming around in a clogged bidet.

There is solute and solvent.

The more solvent you have, like a pristine lake, the cleaner you’re going to get.

The average size bathtub?

Not gonna do it.

No way around it, you’re going to be washing your face with solute...:eek:

aerhed, nojazzhere and ukepicker like this.
  14. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Afflicted

[QUOTE="Toto'sDad, post: 9233289, member: 69567"... I think I'm the only guy in the neighborhood who mows his own lawn, but I like to do it every Monday, hot or cold. The lawn clippings are picked up Tuesday, that's the only reason for the Monday schedule. The lawn guys drive by and shoot eye arrows at me! :D[/QUOTE]

Me, too, TD!
    When I moved in three years ago, the guy who mowed both my neighbors' and my lawn (and several others on the block) had to stop and go around me. I'm picky and he sucks. I think he used to just run up and down the block, mowing them all at the same time. I really cramped his style.
    He also can't seem to run a straight line on my west side, and it makes me mad every time. I think he does it to spite me.

East Texas lawn day = Mandatory shower.

But I try to keep mine to once a day, for to conserve water and money. I'll plan my showers around mowing.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I haven't taken a bath in YEARS! ;)
    I ALWAYS take a shower in the morning.....helps "wake" me up. Then a shower before going to bed....(paradoxically relaxes me and gets me ready to sleep) If I do yard work in the morning, it's done before a shower, so that afterwards I'm clean to face the rest of the day.
    Incidentally....showering before bed keeps the sheets cleaner, fresher, and they actually last longer. I don't like slipping into the sheets "dirty". I probably do wash too much, but I use a mild soap, and, since my hair is less than half an inch long, I don't really worry about split ends or anything.
    And, although you didn't ask.....I use Tom's of Maine deodorant. Not an "anti-perspirant".....so no aluminum or other stuff that's bad for you. I don't mind "sweating"....just don't want to smell bad.

Toto'sDad and telemnemonics like this.
  16. telemnemonics

Yeah the water softening the callouses is a PITA, even washing my hands right before playing makes the callous softer, doesn't get cut but sort of grinds off some meat.

I would never admit it in a letter to the editor of "Chest and back hair journal", but I wear rubber gloves when washing dishes to prevent that callous softening problem.
    Actually the dish soap also drys and cracks fingertips, along with other manly activities that get motor oil, gasoline, and general yard/ shop dirt on my hands.
    I got a crack in my thumb right where it scrapes the strings that kept opening for a couple of years.
    That was messy and it changed my technique to avoid bleeding on the guitar.

OTOH I knew (but wasn't exactly friends with) a punk player who considered bleeding on his white Strat to be a part of his act...

17. telemnemonics

Ahhhh, so you use the extra shower as an excuse to not change the sheets eh?

I think the last time I took a bath was more than 21 years ago kicking dope.
    The aching bones twitching legs thing was relieved a bit in the warm water.
    And for certain I don't shower before morning yard work.
    Helps remind my wife I was working really hard when I come in and knock her out with my stench!

I actually knew Tom (of Maine) back when the company was small and local, a schoolteacher who had an idea for the hippy shoppers.
    Thankfully none of the hippy girls I got to know intimately smelled like Toms.
    Argued with some of them against perfumy products.

The "Maine woodspice" keeps the manly thing going while cutting the stench.
    Not sure what woodspice is but it must be manly.

nojazzhere likes this.
  18. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

Sunday through Thursday I shower at night. There’s no time before I leave for work. On weekends I shower after yard work or a bike ride. A bath? Maybe on vacation. The last resort I was in on Kauai had a really nice roomy tub.

19. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

As many as circumstances may require.

Dennyf likes this.
  20. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

One morning shower and one evening shower from Nov-May.
    I add another shower during May-Oct ( temperatures in Athens range from 30-45 degrees Celsius)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.