Show your strange pets

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by mrboson, Oct 22, 2013.

1. mrboson

mrboson Tele-Afflicted

Got any strange pets?

My daughter got me a pair of Madagascar hissing cockroaches for Father's Day few years ago. Here's a blurry shot of one of them. It's not done growing yet either... My wife hates them.

One of them actually escaped 2 weeks after I got them (they were 1/2 inch long at that time). I wrote it off as gone (likely dead), but 2 months later I went to get a guitar out of its case, and there the little critter was, sitting on top of the case just looking at me. I'm glad I found it first, wife would have crushed it.

Attached Files:

2. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

The only way I would spare that little guy is......

If he was made of platinum and was encrusted in big diamonds.

:^)

3. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Your daughter spent summers at the Natural History Museum getting these ideas didn't she?

As for roaches, the ones we have in Houston have wings and don't file any flight plans. The ones that have landed on me didn't want to be a pet and I agreed.

4. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

My son's Tarantula. Rosie I think.

[​IMG]

5. mrboson

mrboson Tele-Afflicted

She actually is quite comfortable around creepy crawlies, except for spiders. She thinks my hissers have "cute faces" (her words).

When I was a kid my family lived for a short time in northern Queensland AU. The roaches there fly too, and they get huge. It's hard to imagine a 4 inch bug being able to cruise around in the air until you see it. I hate those kind.

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

There was a big Rhinoceros Beetle cruising along near the Atlantic as we went south along FL A1A. Sunroof open, rack on, kayaks on rack, going maybe 50. The beetle got slammed by the kayak, and fell stunned into the passenger compartment into my girlfriend's thick wavy hairdo.

I have NEVER pulled a car over to a stop so fast in my life. I could not really tell what was going on; I was more expecting a stunned hummingbird or perhaps a bat. Somehow I got the critter transferred onto the face of a kayak paddle and I checked him out to see what he was (a safe distance from the car) then I let him get his schidt together and take off.

Now, convertibles at night are OK but no open sunroofs with kayaks on racks. Go figure. Hats? Oh, yeah.

7. goldtopper

goldtopper Friend of Leo's

You guys seen those giant irridescent beetles that fly around San Diego? I can't imagine what would happen if you had one hit your face if you were on a motorcycle!

8. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

We have a Russian Tortoise who will outlive all of us.....this is Bob....

[​IMG]

and my Dog thinks he's Bono.....

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.