Show your Partscasters...

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by BritishBluesBoy, Mar 9, 2013.

1. oceanblue

oceanblue Tele-Meister

My avatar, roasted swamp ash body, roasted maple neck tele 01.jpeg

2. bobk

bobk Tele-Meister

Love the grain!

oceanblue likes this.
  3. Al Nico

Al Nico Tele-Meister

Crane-Designs.com semi-hollow hardtail alder body with canary wood top finished in clear rattle can poly, Dimarzio Virtual Solo/Virtual Vintage Blues/Area 67 pups, switchable Clapton midboost, Warmoth vintage modern maple neck with ebony board, and black Hipshot hardware.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gipper and brookdalebill like this.
  4. Tonemonster

Tonemonster TDPRI Member

The Black and White with new Pickups....

The thinline squier short neck with new body in CAR

Attached Files:

5. 650thunderbird

650thunderbird Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Loaded Fender Elite body, Japanese neck in nitro with staggered post Gotoh tuners:
    [​IMG]

puddin, bobk, Gipper and 4 others like this.
  6. Carcinogen

Carcinogen TDPRI Member

D2DE6B8E-94E0-4531-AE5F-093475AB1FB8.jpeg Started of as a Modern Player Plus but I could just never dig the stick pickups, bridge, or burst. This was supposed to be a clean clear finish, but I burnt a tiny bit with the heat gun whilst stripping and decided that it looked cool so then I just went crazy with it and here we are. GFS pickups, and a traditional Wilkinson bridge because she gonna get a Bigsby soon. Surf metal beast.

puddin, 650thunderbird and Gipper like this.
  7. Gipper

Gipper Tele-Meister

Love the big block fret markers on theses necks! I have not been able to find any as of late though. May I ask where you got it?

Brian

8. Carcinogen

Carcinogen TDPRI Member

I couldn’t find one, either, so I just ordered stick on ones from neck illusions

They don’t affect playability at all and you can’t tell unless you’re two inches away.

9. Gipper

Gipper Tele-Meister

Thanks.

Carcinogen likes this.
  10. Carcinogen

Carcinogen TDPRI Member

Just finished putting this back together after getting a new nut and wiring up the DeArmonde-Rowe gold foil in the neck. T-60 neck on a Dillion body.

Attached Files:

john kleeman and WingedWords like this.
  11. hurricaneslim

hurricaneslim NEW MEMBER!

Long time lurker here on the TDPRI, I've been wanting to show off my Tele. I don't know a lot about it, because of the long-natured story of how it came to be mine, but I do know a few specs for sure.

Based on neck heel markings, the neck is a 1983 AVRI, although Fender didn't make an Esquire AVRI that year, so a previous owner sanded off the headstock decal, and applied an Esquire decal.

The body is a Swamp Ash Warmoth body. The previous owner's initials were DDH, and in-person you can still make out where he had applied decals of his initials beneath the control plate.

All I know about the pickups is that they are boutique Strat pickups in the neck and middle, and a Broadcaster voiced Pup in the bridge.

I reversed the control plate, and a friend gave me the Buffalo-nickel knobs that are currently on the guitar.

I am generally very against stickering-up guitars, however, all of the decals/stamps/adhesives are fairly meaningful. First, Johnny Cash Forever Stamp on the Pickguard. I personally think the lower horn is a great spot for little stickers like this, and I love that the black stamp blends into the Black guard. Beneath the strap button on the upper horn is a Tom Mix Forever stamp, which is a tribute to my Grandpa whose passing last year led to my turn to country music which inadvertently led to me switching from a Strat-man to a Tele-man. On the back of the guitar is the first thing I ever put on, a day after I received the guitar. On 9/9/18 I got to go backstage at the Byrds Sweetheart of the Rodeo 50th Anniversary Tour Date in Kansas City. More on that in a minute. Finally, the most recent sticker is a vintage Tractors promotional sticker as a tribute to my late friend/hero/mentor Steve Ripley.

At this point, over 30 folks have scratched their name into the back or side of this guitar, here is the list in order to my recollection:
    Marty Stuart, Roger McGuinn, Chris Hillman, “Cousin” Kenny Vaughan, John Fullbright, John Calvin Abney, Tunen' Tom, Jeff Tweedy, Buck Meek, Charley Crockett, Alexis Sanchez, Kullen Fox, Joshua Ray Walker, Jamie Oldaker, John Cooper, Ben Han, Brad Piccolo, Colter Wall, Jeff Slate, Lee Ranaldo, Jacob Tovar, Paul Benjaman, Jesse Aycock, Levi Parham, Dustin Pittsley, David Amram, Terry “Buffalo” Ware, Willie Watson, Arlo Guthrie, Brendan Benson, Jack White, Pat Sansone, Glenn Kotche, John Stirratt, Nels Kline, Mikael Jorgenson

I kick myself everyday for having been in the same room as Chris Scruggs with this guitar and not having asked him to sign it alongside The Byrds, Marty, and Cousin Kenny, but I know I will eventually meet him again.

59363331724__7F464524-4DF9-44C2-829D-7413CADC158D.JPG 59363308360__D3D6EDBD-7296-4238-8EDB-4B10374B212F.JPG

So there's my Tele: "The Cosmic American Standard," I leveled the frets the other day and it is playing the best it ever has. I wish I knew exactly what pickups I have, but it sounds good through a Deluxe Reverb or Princeton Reverb or nearly anything else I plug it into, so if it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

Peace

Kebmel, Fergyuk, puddin and 5 others like this.
  12. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Howdy and welcome!
    Ultra cool Tele!

13. Frito-Man

Frito-Man TDPRI Member

My Partscaster! 2009 Classic Vibe pine body, chunky and WIDE (1 7/8) maple neck from Big Lou guitars, Grover tuners, Custom Shop Nocaster pickups, Fender hardware and my cat. A love that frankencaster and sounds BIG!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

john kleeman and awasson like this.
  14. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

Only finished it yesterday, but really pleased how it's turned out after various iterations and choices:

Loosely based on a 1954 Esquire, so far the only amp I've played it through (and it suits it well):
    Esq & MJ 2.jpg

Aged White Blonde finish by SC Relics, nitro crazing, some marks and wear, plus yellowing:
    Esq close up.JPG

From the back. Just waiting for an age related serial number/stamped repro neck plate to arrive:
    Esq rear.JPG

Superficially similar to my Classic 50s White Blonde laquer Telecaster, but with a fat '51 U neck and 9.5" radius it feels (and sounds) quite different to play.

whoanelly15, baiff, awasson and 2 others like this.
  15. Danb541

Danb541 TDPRI Member

A.JPG AA.JPG B.JPG C.JPG D.JPG E.jpg F.JPG G.JPG GG.JPG H.JPG Some of my partscasters... I've been at this for a while but new to the forum.

whoanelly15, 8trackmind and awasson like this.
  16. Danb541

Danb541 TDPRI Member

a few more I.JPG II.JPG IMG_4279.JPG J.JPG K.jpg L.JPG M.jpg N.JPG O.JPG

whoanelly15, 8trackmind and awasson like this.
  17. Danb541

Danb541 TDPRI Member

That's not all of them but it's all I have pictures of on my computer.

18. dblues

dblues Tele-Holic

The bound tele is sweet.

19. 61fury

61fury Tele-Afflicted

This is Tiffany, started life as an Ibanez Gio body the neighbor kid tossed at me. Since I hate shredders I hacked the horns down and contoured the body. Duplicolor Toyota Avalon pearl , cheap, but perfectly fine bling blocked and bound Chinese Ebay neck. I smoothed the fret ends and did a level and crown .
    It,(not she), is named Tiffany because the PG is made out of a Tiffany purse. I put a Tiffany medallion on the headstock. Inspiration came from the Gretsch Princess. Bridge and tailpiece inspired by cheap Japanese guitars. It's an homage to 1960's girl guitar marketing.
    Hipshot open gear tuners. Generic ebay P90's because I don't play well enough to justify anything better. Dakaware knobs, Off/on white slide switches
    tiffany porch vg.JPG tiffany sun.JPG tiffanyhead tree vg.JPG

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Nubs, dylanw, john kleeman and 2 others like this.
  20. 61fury

61fury Tele-Afflicted

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.