Show us your Telecaster with dual mini humbuckers

rze99

Doctor of Teleocity
I quite fancy fancy buying or making one or modding for one and keen to see and hear any out there. Can't be just me. I used to have a Les Paul with dual mini humbuckers and dug it.

Here's a Lindy Fralin demo of Tele modded with Mini-Humbuckers (no affil just an example)

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
I like the setup of 1 tron style mini and a Tele Bridge. Newest tele is getting this setup, might have to wait until after the holidays to add a Bigsby though.

rbr49x

TDPRI Member
Silver Supporter
Not exactly what you're asking about but this partscaster has an SD SM-3B Mini-Hum bridge pickup in the neck position and an SD STK-3B “Vintage Bridge Stack Tele Humbucker” and produces some really usable tones that are a nice augment to a conventional Tele. Straight 3-way wiring.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
Dam. GAS pains again. I like what I heard there. What’s more impressive is the demo. It was done clean with just a tiny bit of grit followed by clean jazz tones. I know what the pickups sound like. Too many guitar demos are nothing more than demonstrations of an unidentified amp’s high gain channel or a dirt pedal. You can always add dirt. You can’t add clean.

rze99

Doctor of Teleocity
Not exactly what you're asking about but this partscaster has an SD SM-3B Mini-Hum bridge pickup in the neck position and an SD STK-3B “Vintage Bridge Stack Tele Humbucker” and produces some really usable tones that are a nice augment to a conventional Tele. Straight 3-way wiring.

Thanks yes, but not this.

The Lindy Fralin YouTube vid has it. Two mini humbuckers. Not just the neck pickup.

GunsOfBrixton

Friend of Leo's
IMAG1169.jpg

Here is 1 I built and gave to a friend. He loves the sound of the mini humbuckers.

Wayne Alexander

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Partscaster. I like thick necks and light overall weight, and I wanted to try mini-hums in a tele after playing a Les Paul Deluxe at Namm one year and being knocked out by the sound.

MJT Sonic Blue thinline swamp ash relic tele body w/ mini-hum pickup routs,
Warmoth Maple/Rosewood 59 profile neck,
Armadillo brass 6 saddle bridge
Seymour Duncan Antiquity ii Mini-humbuckers

Sounds like slightly dirtier tele.

2021-09-26 16.01.06smaller.jpg

JohnnyCrash

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
I know it’s not a Tele, but a lot of people say Kent Armstrong “Firebird” mini humbuckers are great in Teles, so I tried them in my latest project…

9BE25A37-C55C-40CE-B946-9D6EAF1CEA6D.jpeg
C01C2F8F-BF20-4548-A6E0-655CE74C6060.jpeg

rze99

Doctor of Teleocity
Partscaster. I like thick necks and light overall weight, and I wanted to try mini-hums in a tele after playing a Les Paul Deluxe at Namm one year and being knocked out by the sound.

MJT Sonic Blue thinline swamp ash relic tele body w/ mini-hum pickup routs,
Warmoth Maple/Rosewood 59 profile neck,
Armadillo brass 6 saddle bridge
Seymour Duncan Antiquity ii Mini-humbuckers

Sounds like slightly dirtier tele.

View attachment 923567

Yeah this is what I had in mind.