SHOW US YOUR TELE!!!

CHAZ2

Tele-Meister
tele4.jpg

csapo

Tele-Afflicted
Sold off quite a few in the last months, but GAS has gotten the better of me.

These are the acquisitions from the latter part of 2008...

2008Group-4thQtr-500pix.jpg

Finally got some individual pics of this gang...

'00 Fender AV '52RI Bound Limited Edition 3TSB
00FenderAV52RIBoundLimitedEdition3T.jpg

'00 Fender AV '90's Thinline Telecaster Vintage Blond
00FenderAVThinlineTelecasterVintage.jpg

'08 Fender Custom Shop 50's Top Bound Heavy Relic
08FenderCustomShop50sTopBoundRelicT.jpg

csapo

Tele-Afflicted
and...

'08 Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition '52RI Heavy Relic
08FenderCustomShopLimitedEdition52R.jpg

'07 Old World '52RI Relic T Style
07OldWorld52RIRelicTStyle-500pix-1.jpg

'08 Danocaster '54RI White Guard Relic T Style
08Danocaster54RIWhiteGuardRelicTSty.jpg

telenasty

TDPRI Member
my tele photo

It's a Bride of Frankenstein of sorts, a 80's Japan Fender Squier Bullet Neck that's aged well, a butterscotch candy color neck on a 20th Anniversary Squier Standard Body in my favorite tele body color, banana pudding color I think?, with a Black/white/black WD guard, I can't explain why but this guitar works for me and has been my favorite the last few years.:)

Attachments

• my tele.JPG
    my tele.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 226

ted j. kale

Tele-Meister
AddicTED to Teles

Made these two, they,re that good I've put all the others to bed for awhile!
or was that under the bed! rimg0045.jpg.jpg

rimg0021.jpg.jpg No.one and the black back up.

BluesZep

TDPRI Member
Mine:
2003 Fender American Vintage 52 RI

tele01mx2.jpg

2003 Tagima Telecaster (made in Brazil)

dsc04020to2.jpg

Starcruiser

TDPRI Member
Cat- I would love to post a picture of my Tele but I can't seem to get it to show under my user name...only in the Gallery....but it is there!

Brett Valentine

Tele-Meister
'08 MIM Standard Tele "Limited Edition" (Ash body)
Done so far:
"rolled" the neck with a small wet stone. Wilkinson ashtray bridge w/compensated brass saddles, Gibson square jackplate, Kinman treble bleed circuit, mini toggle-tone/bypass/Sprague .0047µF "filter" cap (tames the top end and warms the upper mids with tone knob rolled back (a cool alternate sound - nice for soloing), Custom Shop Nocaster neck p/u installed).

Waiting On: Nocaster bridge (first one was faulty and am waiting on a replacement), 250 k DPDT pot (to allow switching between an Orange .0047µF cap and a Sonic Cap .01µF Platinum cap to better voice the bridge pickup in the "filter" setting).
tele4smallnt4.jpg

telenasty

TDPRI Member
It's one of my favorite Tele wannabees

I know it's not officially a Tele (please don't be a player-hater), but it's in my collection because she just looked so nice and I wanted to share the photos here, as well as Jerry Donanhe was at the store for a Peavey seminar so I could not resist, she was very affordable and JD signed her:lol:.

http://picasaweb.google.com/applemo...ryDonahue?authkey=dE3iSRymq54&feat=directlink

Attachments

• DSCN0358.JPG
    DSCN0358.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,150
Last edited:

Arjen

TDPRI Member
It's a Bride of Frankenstein of sorts, a 80's Japan Fender Squier Bullet Neck that's aged well, a butterscotch candy color neck on a 20th Anniversary Squier Standard Body in my favorite tele body color, banana pudding color I think?, with a Black/white/black WD guard, I can't explain why but this guitar works for me and has been my favorite the last few years.:)

Hi there..I have almost the exact same configuration..Also a Squier Bullet MIJ SQ series bolt on to a pudding color body. Although mine is a "no brand" plywood body..But that neck..that made me want to build a tele..and I love result...

Foto-IJYHH6RM.jpg

wylde4canes

Tele-Holic

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Brett Valentine;1654179 [IMG said:
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1561/tele4smallnt4.jpg[/IMG]

The mods sound really professional, Brett.

I suspect buying the raw guitar and attaining mastery of all the fine circuitry is the best way to achieve the ultimate guitar, since the production ones are all wired roughly the same regardless of price.

Sometimes I can get my mind firmly around all the intricate concepts, and what the mean to the actual played guitar's sound, but sadly sometimes I cannot.

That is one of the most pleasing to look at MIM Std FSR bodies I have seen, and I've looked at many dozens of them. Congrats.

Brett Valentine

Tele-Meister
The mods sound really professional, Brett.

I suspect buying the raw guitar and attaining mastery of all the fine circuitry is the best way to achieve the ultimate guitar, since the production ones are all wired roughly the same regardless of price.

Sometimes I can get my mind firmly around all the intricate concepts, and what the mean to the actual played guitar's sound, but sadly sometimes I cannot.

That is one of the most pleasing to look at MIM Std FSR bodies I have seen, and I've looked at many dozens of them. Congrats.

Thanks alot. Sometimes I have to just build it up one mod at a time, and every once in a while the "mad scientist" mindset just takes over. . .;) But occaisionally it does lead to something practical.

I tried the multi cap mod for the filter circuit (the Alpha DPDT pot was bad so I went back to the stock CTS pot), but the .0068µF cap was just too dark. Went back to the .0047µF cap (but an Orange cap instead of the [Mallory]). Since it's passing the signal directly, I wanted to see if I heard a difference when it was in the circuit and the tone pot was rolled off (seems like the Orange cap is just a little darker sounding than the Sprague). Not sure which one I prefer yet.

Turns out the simpler mods are sounding the best (which is alright by me).

I went through a few of the MIM's that day, and sales guy said, "wait a minute," went in the back and pulled this one out. Stopped looking after I saw it and played it.

(02/05/09: went back to the Mallory cap and the "filter" tone improved immediately. The warm, but pronounced upper mids returned (more of a pronounced "Q" boost than with the Sprague which gave a darker, less pronounced change to the tone).

Last edited: