Show us your Strat

RiversQC

Tele-Meister
Fender calls it "hand stained" American Special. Some have called it honey stained.
It's a little orangey in the pic, when it's actually a lighter shade of brown than around the edge, and satin rather than gloss.
It knocked me out when I saw it. I like understated rather than flashy/blingy guitars.
Yeah, it's got such a warm look to it. Love it. Congratulations!

Reactions: mbr

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Had it a couple years now. Bought it used; Players MIM 50’s; 7.25 radius, “vintage” size frets. Color from a FSR - called apple green. Originally had “vintage spec” pickups. Owner before swapped in a set of Tex-Mex. Sounds just like a Strat...
37702B42-FC77-400F-9867-EB86604DFFD2.jpeg

Apple green Strat and Siamese cat.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
57954EA1-EEAC-4212-814C-DB0B52FFD0E8.jpeg
F5B390AC-4615-48A1-B6EB-C4EE8324A765.jpeg
My one and only.
It’s a 2008 Fender Eric Johnson with Kinman noiseless
pickups.
The pickguard isn’t period correct, it should be 1 ply, but it came with the pickups.
It has only a master volume as I don’t use tone pots.
It’s location is in the traditional neck/middle tone pot position.
I don’t hit it and accidentally turn myself down.
I prefer the round Tele style switch tip and the “cupcake” knob.
Lastly, the master volume is a push/pull pot that allows me to get the outside two pickups and all three.
It stays in tune beautifully and has 7 great, useful noise (hum) free tones.
I love the dern thing!

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
My avatar is my '15 MIA w/ Fralin Vintage Hots. If there's a house fire, I'm grabbing it. But i'm smitten by my olympic white MIJ E-series Squier with the stratiest pickups I ever heard. I'm talking uber-quack and nice yellowing to boot (see photo). I'll probably end up selling it because it's redundant. But it's so freakin cool.

IMG_0826.JPG

JeffBlue

Friend of Leo's
I have a few and I build my own.
IMG_0074.jpg

GFS Paulownia body, Seymour Duncan pickups and custom made copper pickguard
IMG_0083.jpg

Figured Swamp Ash body, flamed roasted Maple neck, custom homemade copper pickguard
IMG_0151.jpg

Lakewood capped Mahogany body
IMG_0451.jpg

Alder body, Fender neck
Notice the first 3 strats have a P90 in the neck and tele bridge pickups.

awasson

Poster Extraordinaire
Just completed Strat-oid partscaster, GFS closeout paulownia body (repainted, body is 'self-relic-ing'), KMise Danelectro style neck, GFS Vintage '59 Bridge, generic mini-humbucker at the neck. Still adjusting the neck so strings aren't clipped yet.

View attachment 704825

shout out to this Strat. All kinds of cool going on with this one. Not sure what it is but I really this one. Well done.

awasson

Poster Extraordinaire
I guess I had better put up a photo of the kids.

On the left is a Classic Player 60’s Strat from 2010. Its got the original Custom 69 pickups. I’ve changed the wiring to the 50’s Tone Mod and I’ve swapped out the .1uf tone cap for a .018uf. I’m using a linear volume control so I get a nice gradual wide sweep of the volume and I’ve moved the rear tone control to the bridge pickup. It’s a very nice guitar and if I only had one Strat, it would more than do the job. Really nice growl from the stock pickups.

The middle is my 1994 Fender Squier Series Stratocaster. It’s the one that gets all the love these days. It’s set up just right, it’s light weight, it’s got that old school full contour body and the neck profile just can’t be beat. Rocking HSS with a SD Screamin Demon humbucker and a pair of those awesome Bootstrap Classic 54 Pro single coils.

On the right is my 2012 Eric Johnson Strat. It’s bone stock. I can’t think of a thing I’d change on it. Maybe the tone cap? It’s kind of perfect just the way it is. Eric Johnson definitely knows how to spec out a guitar.

72E2E4BB-DCAC-478B-AD09-4765E0A4C392.jpeg

JoesTele

Tele-Holic
Here's my Strat. Got it in 1990 as a Valentine's Day gift. S
he gave me a Made In The USA Stratocaster, I
gave her a Red Lobster dinner. Is it any surprise that she's no longer with me?

Who cares if I still have her...I still have this:

PICT0670-jpgfixuse.jpg

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I'm actually more interested in the one on the left. The color is really cool. I never saw an Ovation like that. Does that color have an official name?

That is an Ovation Celebrity - the "inexpensive" line buillt overseas. I bought this around 1991 or 1992. I don't remember the name, but I just refer to it as "grey burst".

ce24

Poster Extraordinaire
0370F9A8-9D13-4D23-8FE1-493838738595.jpeg 050AA3D2-4882-4BE1-92C8-4BE121018390.jpeg 86 Strat Plus! I just returned it to original pups and wiring including the TBX tone pot. I have two loaded pick guards that i can swap quickly using the battery snap idea. One oem the other with the red silver blue LS PUPS. BOTHE SOUND GREAT!