Show Us Your Squier

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by guitarmikey, Oct 5, 2014.

1. ReaL Madras

ReaL Madras Tele-Afflicted

Not to mention my Custom II Tele

Attached Files:

Bobby73 likes this.
  2. SwanseaSpanner

SwanseaSpanner TDPRI Member

Had this 04 Affinity since new, plays so damn great i was loathed to get rid.
    The neck is sweet and 100% valid. Tuned her up a bit with a fully loaded Fender pickguard containing Texas special pickups. Bit of a paint job because i always hated with a passion the burst, or any burst as it happens. also some roller string trees :D
    Blocked the trem with a metal socket and threw the arm in the parts drawer.
    I will not part with this guitar and i wont remove the Squier logo either as i think it deserves to be shown off. A great player is just a great player.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Toronto Tele likes this.
  3. ReaL Madras

ReaL Madras Tele-Afflicted

How did you achieve the dollar bill finish?

4. elelpe

elelpe Tele-Afflicted

That's an expensive Affinity :eek:

5. SwanseaSpanner

SwanseaSpanner TDPRI Member

Sprayed white, Hydro dipped with the C notes :cool: and lacquered afterwards.

6. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Now that's pure money. Love Texas Specials too...:lol:

7. koko1

koko1 TDPRI Member

My Daphne Blue Bullet Strat
    Mod: Tuners changed to Kluson type
    I love it. :p

[​IMG]

valvestate and guitarmikey like this.
  8. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Tele-Meister

I just bought this battered and abused Tele. I guess the original owner didn't like the finish (it was an "Obey" Tele). Plays great, the neck pickup kinda sucks, but that Duncan Designed bridge pup rocks...

Attached Files:

9. keeffan

keeffan Tele-Holic

Picked up a CV Strat and Bigsby Cab in the same week. $425 for the pair. The Strat was pre-loved but the Cab was new. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439603096.591325.jpg

10. Lithsp

Lithsp TDPRI Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

In action:

It's a Squier CVC Telecaster. Killer guitar, all stock asides from the black pickguard.

I had some 'trouble' with getting the high E and B string to 'feel' right, but after a little messing about, I decided to actually learn what I'm doing and learnt how to properly adjust the truss rod, set intonation, saddle heights etc etc and now I've got it bang on and feeling great.
    It's got .10-.52 strings on it and plays great.

I'm thinking about either putting a humbucker in the neck for some bigger bluesy sounds, or some noiseless pickups to get rid of the hum when recording since it's pretty audible.
    It sounds great as it is though so they're not really a priority.

..but yeah, that's my Squier.

psychobilly451 likes this.
  11. Real-JJCale

Real-JJCale NEW MEMBER!

after some improvements my Joe Trohmans mutated into "RJJC"-models...

[​IMG]

love them...

RJJC

Bobby73 likes this.
  12. Jonne

Jonne TDPRI Member

My 2010 CV60 strat with Tonerider city limits pickups, upgraded electronics and trem with a full sized block, and a Fender mint green pickguard. Wonderfully light and resonant guitar.

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1440248781.390069.jpg

13. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

14. MrJazzedBlues

MrJazzedBlues TDPRI Member

Here's my 2009 50's CV Tele.
    3.6 kg (7.93 lbs).
    Love this guitar. It's sounds awesome and plays like butter. Swapped bridgepup for a Dimarzio hum canceling low output pickup, had it refretted and swapped the original black pickguard.

Attached Files:

15. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Squier J. Mascis Jazzmaster. Easily my favorite guitar at the moment.

[​IMG]

16. nymtber

nymtber TDPRI Member

I got the String Savers Classics, and LOVE them. They are a solid metal saddle with just a little graphtech insert. They cost more, but I didn't find any tone difference compared to the s-bend saddles that came on my VM '72 thinline. And this is long after the strings settled in :) And, since I got the polished chrome ones, it matches my guitar very well!

17. Emarcey

Emarcey TDPRI Member

Here's 2 of 5 Squiers I own. I'll only show the teles since this is the TDP.
    Others are various strats. (or would that be strats-of-various???) (get it? see what I did there??)

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

CV 50's Tele: Upgraded pickguard, CS Twisted Tele pickups w/ 4-way switch and position indicators on knobs.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

All stock CV Mahogany Thinline, I have removed the metal cover from the neck pup since the photo was taken. Much improved brighter neck tone now

18. koko1

koko1 TDPRI Member

My Daphne Bullet got a naturally aged pickguard from a damaged noname plywood el cheapo strat ...

[​IMG]

guitarmikey likes this.
  19. adamsappel

adamsappel Tele-Meister

Here's a couple of Squiers that maybe haven't been posted much.

[​IMG]

Squier S-73 and M-80.

20. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

I posted this when i got it a couple months ago, but i figured i'd post it in this thread because....well, i'm still excited about it. I honestly can say it;s my fav tele i have owned. In fact i have a classic 50's blonde i felt was my fav and now i seldom pick it up because the CVC just sounds so much better and the thin neck has become more of a benefit than a detriment. May even sell the C50's now ! I guess it's just what u r used to because at first it bothered me because i was used to the much bigger C50's neck. But now it's the opposite. The C50's neck feels huge and the squier normal.

In any case, this is one of the most perfect guitars i've owned, tho like most any guitar only AFTER i changed some things. USA bridge plate, bone saddle, pure vintage 58 saddles, (great improvement) 62 custom in the bridge and twang king in the neck plus treble bleed and quality pots and switch. Also my own setup preferences which really brough out it's best. I pretty much do most of those things to all teles including my C50's. I look at a guitar as a neck and body and the rest is tires to a car for me. And this neck and body was a great base for a killin tele. The tone and playability are top notch and the build quality is flawless. I just love this thing.Note that in the pics some things like saddles aren't what i said because this was an earlier pic.

[​IMG]

Bobby73 and psychobilly451 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.