1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Show us your Ron Kirn T style guitars

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by MASONish, Aug 4, 2012.

1. MASONish

MASONish Tele-Holic

I've been entertaining the idea of having Sir Ron build me a custom T guitar. I want to see yours! Thanks

2. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

All this time and I never knew Ron Kirn actually sold his built guitars. The Barn Buster looks awesome!

3. mg426

mg426 Tele-Holic

IMG_0573

4. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

He doesn't even have his own guitar

He stated in a post he can't keep one of his own 'cause someone always offers a pile of cash and he sells them.

5. fenson

fenson ---------------------------------

Cool pics I thanks for posting guys , nothing like a RK T

6. fenson

Sir Ron oh brother :rolleyes:

7. StratBluesRock

StratBluesRock Friend of Leo's

I better have a fresh pair of underwear ready ;)

8. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity

Actually, The honor of Knight of the realm has not been bestowed upon me. I was busy that day…had to go pick up some lacquer….. However, for those that aren't comfortable with the usual, Ron, or Jerk, or Lard ass…. Laird would be quite appropriate… Scoootlund, ya know….. that 'splains all the scotch… ;)

rk I mean, Lord rk.

9. majorbanjo

majorbanjo TDPRI Member

Here is my Kirn in Paulownia wood.....it's the lightest tele style guitar I've ever played....love it's as resonate as an acoustic guitar.....sounds divine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Camplain

Camplain Tele-Holic

My Buster in Burst, Ron's pickups, 4 way switch, v neck with 7.25 and vintage frets... She can handle any kind of music I wanna play... Hands down the best guitar I own....

DSC_5168.jpg

DSC_5169.jpg

DSC_5170.jpg
    This Laird Ron guy knows his stuff.... :idea: Could the day of LRK Signature be on the horizon?

11. fenson

One thing I can say for ya Ron is you don't let it swell your head (much lol) !How is your health doing these days? improving .
    all the best

12. Ronkirn

I'm dooin' fine… old age sux though… but it still beats the alternative….

Nah, never even been over to see my patch of ground… probably has a family of Druids scrappin' with a family of Celts over who gets to squat under the tree….

r

13. MASONish

MASONish Tele-Holic

Absolutely gorgeous! That's what I'm wanting right there. You need to sell it to me for sure!! Thanks.

14. H. Mac

H. Mac Friend of Leo's

Jeez! That's a beautiful guitar! I've read Ron's posts stating that there's no definitive weight-tone relationship, but for a reason that I can't explain, I love the feel of a lightweight Tele!

Can you tell us its approximate weight, majorbanjo?

Thanks!

15. majorbanjo

majorbanjo TDPRI Member

H. Mac......I've ordered a scale to weigh my bicycle parts....once it gets here I'll weigh my Tele......

right now I can tell you to imagine the lightest tele you've ever felt then divide the weight in half.....that's how shocked I was when I received it....when I pulled the case out of the box I thought surely he forgot to put the guitar in the case.....:D......the first strum dropped my jaw...it sounded so alive acoustically....

Ron told me the wood was akin to balsa but with better properties to drill into..... I'm aching to have him build me a strat using the same wood.....

Here is the clip I saw that made me want a Paulownia guitar......I told ron to build me one just like this one....and he did....

You know it's funny....I've always been a Les Paul player and it took me some time to get used to a tele......at first I tried to sell it.......then I pulled it out one day to have at the office since it was so light to noodle on when I wasn't busy.....It has since become my favorite guitar......I'm sooooooo glad it didn't sell when I first tried......I wouldn't take twice what I paid for it now.......funny how things change......

16. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Here's mine.. one day I gotta get better pics.. Fantastic gnarly Otis Elevator 100+ year old pine body, neck from USACG finished off perfectly by Ron.. was pretty specific about what I wanted, Ron nailed it. Ron's pickups and Gotoh 6 saddle bridge.. 4 way switch.. with dark circuit at neck.. want spank & quack this guitar is all about that.. Plays itself...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Abu Twangy

Abu Twangy Friend of Leo's

I've seen pauwlownia bodies before, but none that nice.

It can be considered a "green" wood--a rapid growing timber that can be grown on timber farms.. We got a local grower about 25 miles from here

18. tdarian

tdarian Tele-Meister

I used to play this one from Ron, but after dropping over 100 pounds in body weight and a bit more than you might expect from the paws, guitars necks have begun to feel puny. It weighed just over 5 lbs.

Not mine anymore, but "show worthy" here I think...
    [​IMG]

19. Ronkirn

Still purdy after all these years…..

Ron

20. H. Mac

H. Mac Friend of Leo's

Holy cow, majorbanjo! Between the pic of your guitar and the YouTube clip that you posted yesterday, i'm GAS-in' big time for a Paulownia Tele. Since you had Ron build you one like the one in the clip, I gotta ask - what kind of pickups are those? They sound like they were made in heaven!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.