Show us your Pedal board.

codamedia

Poster Extraordinaire
Very nice, how do you like the Radial DI ? i can see that is the passive, i keep on reading that for passive guitar an active DI is recommended, do you think is true ?
But a guy told me that if you use effects and preamp. pedal a passive DI is ok, i don't know really...

The Radial JDI sounds great... Don't under estimate the importance of the transformer quality in a passive DI. To be honest... I'm a cheap bugger, and the only reason I have that JDI is because it was a "door crasher" for less than 1/2 price at an annual sale my local music store has.

Passive vs Active? This is my approach.

If an instrument has a pickup that doesn't include a preamp, I would generally use an ACTIVE DI.
Any instrument that has passed through a pre-amp (including an amp sim) I would generally use a PASSIVE DI... but please read on.

I would also use an ACTIVE DI over a "budget" passive DI in any situation. Cheap passive DI's use $1 transformers... I don't trust my tone to pass through those. IMO... a Whirlwind IMP (or equivalent) is where I would draw the line in quality. Those are really good... relatively low cost passive DI's.

Thin white duke

Friend of Leo's
If an instrument has a pickup that doesn't include a preamp, I would generally use an ACTIVE DI.
Any instrument that has passed through a pre-amp (including an amp sim) I would generally use a PASSIVE DI.
Cool, that's i was hoping to hear, i'll probably go with a passive then, thanks man.....

Jeru

Tele-Holic

2022.01.08.jpg

Southpaw Tele

Friend of Leo's
I made the move in November of 2018 and have never regretted that decision... the only thing that has changed on this board during that time is the addition of the JDI.

I use it direct to FOH/Monitor/IEM/FRFR most of the time, but I also have presets without amp sims (effect only) so I can go into the front end of any amp.

View attachment 937952
I really love my LT. I play at church and it cut the pedal tap dancing I had to do for that style of music by a lot. I predominately use snapshots. So much easier and it sounds great.

xjazzy

Friend of Leo's
Yes it is, i really love how it can control everything, also i really like its algorithms, it's been on my board for quite long time, that means that i love it because i like to change often, i was checking the HX Stomp to use it with it and replace the M5 and the Cerberus but i don't know really, the Cerberus is also very cool and easy to use on the fly......
I thought about keeping the MS-3 with the HX Stomp but my hurts just thinking about programming everything. Too many options bother me and I had to pay for the HX Stomp so the MS-3 had to go.

cowboyfan1969

TDPRI Member
This all goes into a Blues Deluxe Reissue. The Creme Brulee adds a hair of dirt for my “clean sound”. Stack the Paisley Drive with it for Country or non-heavy classic rock. The Formula 5 for Stones and the Angry Charlie for the heavy duty work. The SD-1 and the Yellow Fall delay are in the loop pedal chain for solos. The Chorus will go if i find something else(possibly a Synth pedal).

The second tuner and DI are for my acoustic.

Attachments

• E88F2C5E-A6BF-4D7C-8BA1-C67962354185.jpeg
    E88F2C5E-A6BF-4D7C-8BA1-C67962354185.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 39

WrayGun

Friend of Leo's
I like to keep it simple. Tip: Can’t afford a Timmy? You can buy four or five Caline Pure Skies for the price of one Timmy, and they’ll all sound just as good. Best cheap pedal I’ve ever bought.

Attachments

• D8B7A35F-66DA-4DAF-B026-2668B9A51851.jpeg
    D8B7A35F-66DA-4DAF-B026-2668B9A51851.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 40

wulfenganck

Tele-Afflicted
Me again.....some finetuning: it was quite a shoot-out, but the Broadcast won over my EQD Palisades - mainly because the Palisades only has one volume control for Drive 1 and Drive 2. I also changed my old Rocktron Hush for a TC Sentry. I have the Carcosa Fuzz in the effects-loop of the Sentry, works nicely. Then some shoving pedals here and there for better reach. Happy!
Signal chain: guitar - 8Ball Octaver - Sentry in - Carcosa Fuzz (Sentry loop) - Sentry out - Gull Wah - Broadcast - amp (Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 25th) - amp effects send - Tonebug Booster - Raster -El Cap - Flint - amp effects return.

Attachments

• 13-1-22.jpg
    13-1-22.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 34

Rich_S

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I posted an almost-done photo a while back (post #12,030) but today it's FINISHED.

d3xuPbx.jpg

I included a few little details that amuse me, if no one else. First off, a couple of Allen-Bradley pushbuttons like the ones I've been using at work for 35+ years. They're kind of the industry standard for stopping and starting stuff in factories. They're also used to open and close the cargo bay door on the Firefly "Serenity".

CtO3cJB.jpg

When I needed a thumbscrew to hold the hinged top shut, I made one by gluing a 3/16" hex nut to the back of a spare Boss SD-1 tone knob. Obviously, I'm feeling guilty about having replaced all my Boss stompboxes, so this is a way of keeping a little bit o' Boss "in da house".

Finally for all you Tele nerds, a spare Electrosocket to mount and protect the expression pedal jack on the left side of the pedalboard.

hBKO1Vq.jpg

No more excuses... I need to get started learning all the cool stuff the MS-3 can do.

4pickupguy

Doctor of Teleocity
I posted an almost-done photo a while back (post #12,030) but today it's FINISHED.

d3xuPbx.jpg

I included a few little details that amuse me, if no one else. First off, a couple of Allen-Bradley pushbuttons like the ones I've been using at work for 35+ years. They're kind of the industry standard for stopping and starting stuff in factories. They're also used to open and close the cargo bay door on the Firefly "Serenity".

CtO3cJB.jpg

When I needed a thumbscrew to hold the hinged top shut, I made one by gluing a 3/16" hex nut to the back of a spare Boss SD-1 tone knob. Obviously, I'm feeling guilty about having replaced all my Boss stompboxes, so this is a way of keeping a little bit o' Boss "in da house".

Finally for all you Tele nerds, a spare Electrosocket to mount and protect the expression pedal jack on the left side of the pedalboard.

hBKO1Vq.jpg

No more excuses... I need to get started learning all the cool stuff the MS-3 can do.
You need to label those two buttons “Tele Engaged” & “Emergency Stop”
the small knob could be “Icepick”.

Rich_S

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Next time I’m at our panel shop, I’ll have them engrave me a couple nameplates for them. Since the MS-3 lets me assign almost any combination of parameters to the CTL buttons, they need to be non-specific. Maybe just SOME STUFF and OTHER STUFF.

Rich_S

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Man it can do a lot, it's just incredible......

Check out what I figured out last night (see post #8) in my other thread: Boss Multieffects 2022. I have a lot to learn and I'm purposely reserving some features for "future" use. I'm only using 2 out of the 3 effects loops, haven't touched the CTL outputs, and haven't even thought about MIDI.