Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

Killer board! What kind of music do you play?

Dann B, SbS, Hobbo and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hobbo

Hobbo TDPRI Member

Ah thank you! : ) I'm really influenced by Matt Schofield, Marcus King, Kirk Fletcher, Black Crowes, King King, Joanne Shaw Taylor. And I've been on a bit of a trip into the land of fuzz for the last year getting more into Doyle Bramhall II and Gary Clark Jr...

3. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

No Wah pedal? Then it's not finished!

Hobbo likes this.
  4. Hobbo

Hobbo TDPRI Member

Oh! I don't keep my wah on the board so it's not in the shot, but I use an original Jen Crybaby : )

Dann B, bluesholyman and wulfenganck like this.
  5. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Three year anniversary this month. Never thought it could happen, but I had a feeling I nailed it three years ago. Perfect for recording and jamming with others (which is on hold for now). I am now dabbling with a solo gigging mini board using a looper, percussion box, fuzz and "vocal help box" into a busking type amp, but obviously no rush. Nevertheless, three years with no changes is very satisfying. IMG_2987.JPG

Mouth, Dann B, jddub440 and 5 others like this.
  6. KT89

KT89 Tele-Meister

Finally got my pedals off the floor and mounted to something. I had no idea it would be this much work but it's so nice not to have to look at the rats' nest of power and patch cables anymore. There are a lot of things I'll do different next time and the cable management could be better but overall I'm a very happy camper.

First Board.png First Board Cabling.png

7. 4pickupguy

Nice job, well done.

8. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

Congrats! Of course I have to ask how is the 1981? I've thought about one of those for the Rat thing, but they are not inexpensive...

9. DeepDangler

DeepDangler Tele-Holic

A WIP but I’m digging the new boss board! Waiting on a couple more things in the mail and I’ll be set. 76DE6031-EFA6-4E7A-8364-1387D0302D74.jpeg

northernguitar and RetroTeleRod like this.
  10. KT89

KT89 Tele-Meister

I'm not sure the DRV is for you if you're after the RAT thing, but it is an absolutely incredible pedal. It gets up into some really gainy tones, but they're more of a smooth mush than the fuzzy RAT thing. Get on the email list he is always making more; don't pay scalper prices. Worst case you can sell it for a $100 profit lol.

bluesholyman likes this.
  11. Rich_S

Rich_S Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Here's my first revision in quite a while.

[​IMG]

I swapped out my old Paisley Rat for the Katzenkonig and replaced my Stratoblaster with the Dyna Comp. The KK is great, it subs for the Rat perfectly well, but also gives me the nasty old Tonebender sound with the twist of a couple knobs. Kind of sad not having any of my DIY pedals on the board any more, but this is a great setup for me.

12. Jamie_h

Jamie_h Tele-Meister

work in progress:

1B342135-248E-4D34-8AE8-EDAB0A80AC1C.jpeg

13. 4pickupguy

Just put it together...
    F3CF25EE-A216-4D6B-98AE-5555B04C1C0E.jpeg BE59C0F5-0FEA-4F7B-858B-5AD60A3D435C.jpeg

14. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Tele-Meister

. . .Okay. . . I didn't get anything else done today. . . I don't care. . .so, last year's smaller board with a bunch of mini pedals designed to do what my big live gigging board does (the "quarantine" board) came out pretty nice. It suffers from trying to cover a lot of tonal/stylistic bases, AND give me MY "sound." I ended up with a bunch of gain pedals that mostly gave me many shades and variations of "me" and not a lot of variety.

Also, I've been playing some services where I didn't need all of the stuff on the board, which though small(ish), is pretty heavy, though not too bad (but not really a "grab-n-go" anymore).
    I decided to start a quick, easy practice board that got a good, basic sound that I would enjoy playing.

The all analog DSM & Humbolt Electronics Simplifier Zero Watt stereo amplifier and Revival Drive Compact came yesterday. I bought the MXR Brick and the Pedal Train Metro 24 for that board, and proceeded to populate that board with various pedals not in rotation at the moment.

Not neat, cleaned up and pretty yet Still switching things around, and nothing tied down yet, so excuse the dust, etc.
    [​IMG]
    The sound was pretty good. The Simplifier has a certain midrange "honk" that I can't really dial out (more pronounced with the Fender-ish setting). This kind of works for me:
    [​IMG]
    I've got an Ammoon 7-Band EQ mini pedal on order to tame that, and give me just a bit more signal above line level.

LOVE the Revival Drive Compact. EQ2 give me nice, mids rich Marshall rock tones, and EQ1 gives me dark, massive, smooth edge of breakup "sort of "D" but not" that the TELE just eats up.
    [​IMG]

This morning, I decided to just make the board about getting MY sound. I started pulling pedals from other boards just to get the best version of what I like hearing centered around my Tele.

Here's where I am as of now:
    [​IMG]
    The Optical compressor in the fx loop is my "studio" compressor, and gave my other board a little bit of simulated amp compression, and allowed me to keep touch sensitivity to all my gain pedals, while giving me some of that nice, thicker sound at lower volumes. It helps the Simplifier, but isn't really needed with the Revival Drive Compact.

First thing I noticed was that with a large signal going into the Mooer Yellow Comp, I could clearly hear the difference between it and the Diamond Jr. The Mooer pumps just a little bit and clamps down audibly, and I had to dial the compression waay back to fix that. The Diamond did a little bit as well, but I could dial in something smooth, natural sounding, and still nicely squished a bit, and much easier. Right now, I've got it set for a little squeeze and compensation for the Simplifier's top end.
    [​IMG]

The AC Booster was nice, but a bit covered sounding, and not enough gain. The Soul Driven (18v), just brings a smile to my face and is all it needs to be by itself, and drives the RDC nicely and smoothly (still have the Wampler Ecstasy on the other board to cover similar ground).
    [​IMG]

The Keeley 4 knob compressor is nice, but the tone darkens, so I have a SlideRig Compact Deluxe MKII on order.
    [​IMG]

PolyTune 3 from the other board to give me a good buffer in front, Diamond Jr, EP Booster (18v) and the JHS Series 3 Reverb are in the effects loop of the Simplifier. The EQ will go after the compressor and before the EP Booster.

So gain is the Soul Driven, Revival Drive Compact (right now, set up for a bit of a "D" type feel), and the Mastotron (for good, heavy gain), and that's all.

[​IMG]

The Timmy didn't add anything that I couldn't dial in with the RDC (with more bottom end), and wasn't needed.

[​IMG]
    I like thr range on the reverb. I can go from short and tight to cavernous just by adjusting the decay. Easy, simple, no thought, no involved adjustments.

Once the Slide Rig comes, I might not need the Diamond Jr at all, and it can go back to the other board, which would give me space for a mini trem (Mr. Black Mini Tremolo) or a delay or something.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  15. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Added the Arctic White fuzz to the small board:

[​IMG]

16. Dann B

Dann B TDPRI Member

17. Kestrel

Kestrel Tele-Afflicted

On the planet where the alphabet starts with "Z"
    My bass pedalboard:

74FCCF06-A2D9-49E0-97ED-4D7DB672E4FE.jpeg

jddub440 and northernguitar like this.
  18. JBFatFingers

JBFatFingers Tele-Meister

Dann B likes this.
  19. wrathfuldeity

wrathfuldeity Tele-Afflicted

Dann B likes this.
  20. nathanteal

nathanteal Tele-Afflicted

IMG_20210420_211020201.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.