1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

2. NorthenLights

NorthenLights Tele-Meister

[​IMG] Put together this board yesterday! I had just gotten a T Rex Room mate 2 in the mail, so I thought I should try out some sounds :D
    Maybe not the neatest board. I didn't want to cut any cables since I'm pretty sure I wont use anything like it with a band (who needs 3 ODs?), but at least it's making noise!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  3. Edgar Allan Presley

Edgar Allan Presley Friend of Leo's

This is lovely. Does the dedicated MXR buffer add anything to what the Klon's buffer is already doing?

4. NorthenLights

NorthenLights Tele-Meister

Thanks! In this setup, the Klone actually comes after the tube driver. Don't know if the TD has a buffer, but I definitively hear a difference. I tried unpluggin the tube r driver, and even then a difference can be heard, although I think it depends if it is for the better. The tone retains a bit more treble, becomes a bit more alive so to speak, but if a was going for a softer jazz or even blues tone, I think I would leave the mxr out of it.

This was a pretty nice setup actually. I kinda digg the Klone and Tube Driver combo; one is mid heavy, the other scooped, so they complement each other pretty well. I take most of the gain from the TD, and lets the Klone fatten it up. Great for high gain stuff.
    Likewise, the overrated special and steel string are good on their own, bur really shine together for low gain, edge-of-breakup tone. This is the combo I feel is the most usefull to me, and they will both stay on my board.

I really wish I had access to my Overtone Special now, but as it is broken, I have only tried it out with a 20w tweed style :(

Edgar Allan Presley likes this.
  5. JoeNeri

JoeNeri Friend of Leo's

E7C01D0B-3C2D-4068-ACB4-9AEC0B64841C.jpeg

6. jnepo1

jnepo1 Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hobbo, middy, Gatordad and 10 others like this.
  7. northernguitar

northernguitar Friend of Leo's

Love this.

jnepo1 likes this.
  8. SbS

SbS Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Ok, here's the evolution. Been trying to create like a swiss army knife for every occasion. And Swiss army knife of this board is still EHx Crayon, so versatile overdrive. Sometimes I'm using just few ones here, sometimes stacking things and stuff

I don't have a separate amp at home and I own two guitars. So here's all at the moment. And tried to support local dealers / manufacturers when possible.

Idea is that when I can play with real amp (and friends) this board can be dialed there too.

Sentry is like armed here, but not powered. If comes a need for serious noise gate, I got separate wall wart for it. Other times it's just bypassed in the loop.

Think I'm fine now.

PSX_20210320_000341.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  9. JesterR

JesterR Tele-Afflicted

After some rearrangement, I've ended up with this board.
    [​IMG]

Obsessed, middy, Gatordad and 5 others like this.
  10. THX1123

THX1123 Tele-Meister

Current state of affairs DSCF5272.JPG

11. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Poster Extraordinaire

Here's mine. The Tubescreamer is a Keeley model with a hi/low gain setting and a bost.
    8DB975BF-2AFE-44BB-8EAC-B141896DCB49_1_105_c.jpeg

12. RetroTeleRod

BOSS baby!
    E0479790-24F6-4E97-8EAE-829FEA18581C.jpeg

13. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

So, this is where I have currently landed - I'll explain what's going on...at any given time, there are at least 3 gain stages engaged, and that's before I even get to dirt - that's the clean tone.

Bluesbreaker (Foxcatcher) -> Klone (Aluminum Falcon)

these two are always on and first in chain - they just do something special, especially to brighten up a stock Sheraton II but also make Strat and Tele bigger and just "more"

-> H&K Tube Factor

for when I want to clean boost any dirt later in the chain, or the amp itself if no other dirt pedals are engaged. This one actually runs the 12ax7 at 250-300V so it is cooking the signal properly. Smoothest overdrive I think I have ever heard. I like it enough to take up all that space - its good at what it does.

-> MXR Brown Acid -> Siete Santos -> [Boss TB-2W, not yet shipped]

Fuzz, can anyone really have enough Fuzz. the brown acid is a nice FF sound, if not a bit more aggressive. The Siete Santos is just crazy in a box, octave fuzz. Gotta tweak those sliders but it sounds good

-> Ibanez Supertube STL -> Xotic Soul Driven -> Marshall GV-2 (modded to V1 spec)

The basic dirt collection for when I want some nice overdrive pushing the amp more. I like the STL only with single coils as it cuts the bottom out of the Sheraton too much. Does great for traditional Strat and Tele tones. The Soul Driven is nice dirt with a fuller low end which I use mostly with the Sheraton. The modded GV-2 is my Marshall fix. It knocked a v3 OCD off the board (the stock GV-2 is a bees nest) and allowed me to sell an original UK Marshall Guv'nor without any regrets.

-> Keeley Dark Side -> Wampler Terraform

Keeley does great vibe sound and there is a fuzz in there I don't use. Also love the delay in this. The Wampler handles all other modulations.

-> Epoch Pre -> Volume/Tuner

Love the Epoch Pre amp, which is the EP3 circuit from Catalinbread - it is the 3rd always on pedal.

-> Belle Epoch Tape Delay (in amp effects loop -> Digitech Supernatural (effects loop) -> Mesa California Tweed

So yeah, two EP3 preamps in the signal chain, one in the effects loop as part of the belle Epoch. All this, except amp loop, runs through the programmable looper in front - makes the tap dance easier.

Waiting on a certain Boss Fuzz pedal to arrive and then the board will be complete....for now....

FA2898E2-AA9E-4BA5-83D6-3DD22E7CC01F_1_201_a.jpeg

14. GKrakin

GKrakin Tele-Meister

Current setup.

1DC874E5-7FF2-41ED-9DAD-A04EDE689B9E.jpeg

15. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Afflicted

Experimental setup - finding my favorite Amp 11 sounds with the eq boosting the b-box.

20210326_151606.jpg

16. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Little revision:

[​IMG]

17. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

6BDF8748-8034-46E0-BE69-14AE288A2A93.jpeg Currently...

DeepDangler likes this.
  18. RetroTeleRod

I know y’all think I change my board way too much...but I just got a Blues Driver and it had to go on there. F164096B-92CE-4AD9-8477-226D9C5DD898.jpeg

4pickupguy and northernguitar like this.
  19. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

Instead of trem, though? Do you really need that OD-3? Have you tried the phaser before dirt? Sounds better to me.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  20. RetroTeleRod

My Vox has a nice sounding tremolo built into it. Still experimenting with the 3 dirt pedals, may cut down to two at some point.

4pickupguy and middy like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.