Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

If I remember right, it ups the gain besides whatever it’s doing to ratio.
    I like what it does as it’s rolled up, but had to compensate by turning the output knob down to keep it at unity.
    Anyway I like it compared to the ross and opto comps I have. I play with my fingers, and already knew the Orange Squeezer was part of Mark Knopfler’s early sound. But what prompted me to look for one was finding out that an OS into cranked Marshalls was how Bush got their tone on Sixteen Stone. I love their sound, but I play clean. And no Marshall here. I was just intrigued how the OS helped both Mark K and Bush get their tone.
    So the Mr Squeezy is no longer listed on Chicago Stomp Works’ website. Maybe their having pandemic related difficulty getting components?

Just glad to see someone else using it!

2. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Friend of Leo's

IMAG1160.jpg Minimalist? IMAG1160.jpg

3. Edgar Allan Presley

Edgar Allan Presley Friend of Leo's

I use mine as a boost/overdriver into a dirty amp and to tighten up and sweeten a fuzz face before it. But I also like what an orange squeezer does for clean tone.

65 Champ Amp likes this.
  4. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

New board. The EBS flat patch cables just came today. I made the board to fit in this old American Tourister suitcase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Little Jay, Obsessed, middy and 8 others like this.
  5. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

I like it. Did the same with a roll-on travel case. You have to start with the case, then make the board to fit. :oops:
    I am stealing your solution for the unfortunately placed volume knob on the SP!
    It got benched after what happened during a gig. And I didn’t bump it by that much when I stepped on the switch, but it sure woke up the sleepers in the room.

jondanger likes this.
  6. mambosun

mambosun TDPRI Member

7. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Yeah, I had the SP sideways on another board and that was even worse.

65 Champ Amp likes this.
  8. JesterR

JesterR Tele-Afflicted

Recent board. Still going back and forth with Topanga and Echorec for some extra spacey stuff to go with Volante. But, anyway, pretty happy with this setup.

[​IMG]

middy, Gatordad, Seba and 3 others like this.
  9. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

I’ve been trying different pedals with my AC-15 since I got it up and running again. This combination is working exceptionally well! Hot Cake for clean boost, Rat for overdrive/distortion, DL-8 for slap and RV-7 for reverb. Fell in love with the amp tremolo on my Vox so no pedal needed for that effect. F2725386-1431-4C4B-9B1A-06EA7003810E.jpeg

middy, Iago, artdecade and 6 others like this.
  10. Seba

Seba TDPRI Member

Beatiful board! How do you use the Twin pedal?

11. JesterR

JesterR Tele-Afflicted

Thanks! Twin is my go-to solution for home practice and direct recording. Now I do not have a band, so, I play mostly at home.
    And I recorded two EPs in 2020 with it. Much prefer over software solutions. Just plug and play.

SbS and Seba like this.
  12. Seba

Seba TDPRI Member

Thanks for the answer! Looks like a really usefull weapon.

I really like your music, congrats!

13. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted

14. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Going back to a bigger board.
    BFDC7159-ED94-441B-88BA-C6A7CC7E2DFE.jpeg

northernguitar, middy, Iago and 3 others like this.
  15. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

northernguitar and Seba like this.
  16. rbcarleton

rbcarleton TDPRI Member

My board recently changed to accommodate playing bass (mostly) along with electric guitar (sometimes). Depending on the PA at the gig, I'll being using DI, or sometimes I'll use traditional amplifiers after the pedals.

IMG_0093.JPG

17. Flaps

Flaps TDPRI Member

My 30 minute 'custom' board I made yesterday.
    I'm not in a band, I just play for my own enjoyment in the spare room but i've fancied getting a board to put my pedals on. I had some spare laminate flooring in the loft so I had a little 'tinker' yesterday. It's got adjustable feet on to change the height and non-slip material as I didn't want to mess up the backs of the pedals with velcro. I recently got rid of three pedals after upgrading my amp and preferring the gain on that. I normally just play with the Orange gain and reverb on.

northernguitar, middy and sax4blues like this.
  18. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

I'm in two projects, but due to the lockdown, we currently only rehearse with our duo.
    I'm playing mainly electric guitar, but also some classic nylon string (I prefer that to western acoustic) ukulele, bass. Also we are more experimental with the duo, using an old Yamaha drum computer and lately my newest toy - a Digitech Jamman looper. Trying to organize the whole thing into a pedalboard which I can easily connect with my main pedalboard and setup. I tried out various stuff for the acoustic guitar, ukulele and bass and frankly, the best option was a Zoom A1X-Four multi-effect. It's not the best possible preamp/effectsunit, but it was a bargain and works nicely for all different instruments. I use a t.bone wireless, the signal goes directly into the mixing desk.

The Jamman is only connected with my main pedalboard and my amp setup for electric guitar and resonator.
    I use a wet/dry setup. Signalchain is guitar into Shure wireless, Keeley Monterey, Digitech Carcosa Fuzz, T-Rex Gull Wah, EHX The Glove OD, then via a patchbox underneath the pedalboard my wet-amp (Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 25th Anniversary) from the effects send into into a splitter-box, one output leads to a Rocktron Hush noise reduction, then a T-Rex Tonebug Booster, Red Panda Raster, Strymon El Capistan and Strymon Flint and from there into into the Jamman Looper and then back to the effects return of the Hughes & Kettner. The second out goes directly into my dry-amp (a low budget IMG Stageline 50 Watts Tubeamp).
    It sounds rather elaborated, but it's actually pretty simple and I only have to change one cable to disconnect the Jamman from the circuit (I don't use it with my 4-piece). I also only need to disconnect one cable to disconnect the dry amp in case we're in a small location where I don't want to carry or don't have the space for two amps.

Großes Besteck 22-2-21.jpg

20201022_230015.jpg

northernguitar likes this.
  19. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Just received and did a quick config on my new sunburst tweed pedalboard. Oh yeah...:cool:

86A77FFE-FEFF-4B75-9E00-8FB35EFD2EB7.jpeg 6D3644F7-6A72-407D-A04D-8B14293EA15C.jpeg 63B9FB1A-A06F-432D-9E52-DD3D4BC9DDD6.jpeg 60503AD4-146D-4016-BC3C-C1A643732AC4.jpeg B9856B39-E475-473D-AA8C-5CA9267BB453.jpeg 4BC7C34B-7A7A-4786-82E9-A9EE7E0B2A4F.jpeg 86B98E20-0FF2-4770-8408-33D5250F8254.jpeg

20. J.E.M.

J.E.M. Tele-Meister

The seafoam suitcase..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SbS, KelvinS1965, middy and 9 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.