1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. SbS

SbS Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Power cables are bit of a mess, they're standard length and couldn't hide them anywhere.

But home / mobile pedal board. Can be carried easily in a bag (Diago PB-08 commuter board).

PSX_20200720_202634.jpg

2. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

New MXR Dyna Comp added. IMG_20200720_133020.jpg

artdecade, 4pickupguy, SbS and 2 others like this.
  3. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Afflicted

Hasn't changed much but it does evolve.
    [​IMG]

4pickupguy, SbS and Mexitele Blues like this.
  4. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Afflicted

Didn't you post something about not changing your board for a year?

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  5. RetroTeleRod

Yes. It was around December 31st and I said I wasn't going to change it for the rest of the year. :lol: In my defense I did wait until after midnight before I swapped anything.

6. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Afflicted

Lol

Carry on

7. RetroTeleRod

Mexitele Blues likes this.
  8. SbS

Tinkered the chain a little, feels I'm getting close how I like it.

Now it goes:
    1. EHx Wailer Wah
    2. Korg Pitchblack Mini
    3. Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone Germanium Gold Micro
    4. TC Electronic Sentry (in)
    Sentry, send ->
    5. Ibanez TS-7 (buffer)
    6. Pigtronix Disnortion Micro
    7. EHx Crayon
    -> Sentry, return
    Sentry, out ->
    8. Mad Professor Double Moon
    9. TC Electronic HoF 2 (buffer on)
    10. Mooer Audiofile (Headphone amp / booster)

9. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Tele-Meister

I had a smaller "FX" board that goes into my main board (my old full live board or my old practice/jam board). I had it on a home made particleboard in a Home Depot tool case with lot's of foam to cushion the board. I was pretty proud of it and it lasted a good while until its weight started pulling the case apart when I hand carried it (yeah, it was pretty heavy).

Well, since setting my new board up, I now had a Classic Jr Pedaltrain board just sitting there all pretty and empty 'n stuff. . . so. . .

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The great thing was that I could now fit the Boss Expression pedal on the pedaltrain, and not have to carry it separately and have to set up at every gig. . .
    The signal chain is Boss PSM-5 Master Switch fx loop pedal to the PolyTune3 on the main board.

In the loop is the PS-5 Super Shifter (8va. up for Pat Metheny GR-1 guitar synth leads when called for) into the ZVEX Mastotron, into the Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah (custom ordered T1M TRS circuit cut switch) into the Boss FV-500H Volume/Expression Pedal used as an expression pedal for wah sounds, and when disengaged, it becomes an auto wah. From there into an Analogman Mini Chorus (love this one). I run it early because any signal too much over line level causes the signal to distort). If I run it into too much gain or compression, there is a little hiss, but workable. From there, into the Jetter Gain Stage Blue (slightly dodgy switch right now).

The Mastotron and the Gain Stage Blue are my fuzz, and EJ violin tone separated from my main sounds to kick in and out when I need it (I was missing having that option at hand). Also, the Mastotron is my new "secret weapon" for the Timmy- Ecstasy combination. It adds some touch dynamic top end "chewey-ness" to the smoothness of the other two (I keep the Mastotron set up to be very touch sensitive and non-spitty as possible. When I roll the volume pot down, the character of the Tele still comes through. All without buying anything new.

Next on my shopping list is a Caline power supply (and 2 1/4" thick 2.5" x 5.5" Lucite pieces to mount the power supply under the Pedal Train), a few more RockBoard Sapphire interconnects and pedal switch buttons to make hitting the switches easier).

Now, never one to leave "well enough" alone. . . I felt I was missing "swampy" from my main board and was looking for a trem pedal. Also in that old case was an old Marshall VT-1 which at some point was hitching a ride in that case. . .
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It sits in between the Flashback II and Hall Of Fame 2. I remember it was between this and the
    Boss TR-2. This won out because it was a bit more flexible, and it had a bit of a volume BOOST when engaged (a little bit much, but I can deal with that better than a volume drop).

Setting stuff up between the 2 boards
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Mastotron does nice things to the Paisley/Mini Ego combination, as well as adding some "violin-ishness" to the MTG Tube Distortion. That with the trem is serious "swampiness." Need to set up a guitar for slide (I'm thinking my Phat Cat equipped guitar tuned to Joey Landreth's "open C" CGCEGC tuning ('m familiar with CGCFGC). We'll see how that works out. . .

Full rig floor layout
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    RetroTeleRod, 4pickupguy and SbS like this.
  10. SbS

Update, Final 2.0

Clean boost added for split/parallel and middle positions etc. Tried to arrange some cables too..

Note to self: next time when making pedalboard, get one of those where power supply + cables can be mounted underneath..

PSX_20200728_163822.jpg

11. JoeNeri

JoeNeri Friend of Leo's

I dunno...whenever I visit here, I feel...so small.

C5F75558-2A11-4477-87F4-EDEC946DC90B.jpeg

12. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Tele-Meister

. . .funny how things can change. . .

I found myself having to pull out both boards when I played. . . not because I wanted to have all of the pedals on hand, but basically for one pedal. . . the Mastotron. It seems that fuzz is magic sauce!

[​IMG]

Added to the Ecstasy it made it a little more "breakuppy" without covering it's smoothness. With the Timmy and the Ecstasy it was that "extra step" push that made that combination a muscular lead with real serious warm but pretty saturated breakup (with a darker, lower mids emphasis that cleared up nicely when the tone was opened up. The bridge pickup's Tele growl still came through clearly!

With the Fender MTG Tube Distortion, it gave me "violin tone" with pushed, compressed mids, but without the heavier bottom end. With the boost engaged, the top end got nicely crispier!

[​IMG]
    So now it sits on the main board, right after the tuner (it's a silicon fuzz, so the buffer is not an issue).

I'll have to try it with the Mooer 008 Cali-mk3 on the overdrive channel and the Paisley Drive, also, I'll have to run through the pedals with the lowest bass emphasis toggle option,but so far, it's a winner with the Tele.

jddub440 and SbS like this.
  13. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

14. d-rock

d-rock Tele-Meister

For a while I had been running a smaller board, less pedals and only added the wah off to the side when it was needed. But since I'm just playing at home during the pandemic, I wanted everything in one place. Got out the "big" board (more or less the size of a Pedaltrain Junior) and squeezed everything on.

Crybaby > MXR Modified OD > Timmy > MXR Phase 90 > EA Tremolo clone > Tech21 Liverpool > Neunaber Wet > Korg Pitchblack > MJT/Allparts Tele w/Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro's + 4-way switch

[​IMG]

KT89, RetroTeleRod, bobk and 4 others like this.
  15. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

Outgrew this. Added a Joyo Ultimate Drive and Caline CP-202 power supply to the Pegasus, Radar, and Firehawk. Built this this afternoon from end-glued plank. Just used glue and 16 gauge nailer. Will be adding an ebony stain and then poly before mounting everything up. Got some dual lock velcro for the small pedals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  16. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

what a nice tweed board

where'd you get it?

4pickupguy and RYAN1987M like this.
  17. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

18. j5jarod777

j5jarod777 Tele-Meister

0807201623.jpg

19. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

Finished... went with "Espresso" polyshades finish, then sanded down a bit. Rethinking my use of Dual Lock velcro, that crap is stout.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arafel, 4pickupguy and BGLeduc like this.
  20. igor5

igor5 Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

4pickupguy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.