1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Afflicted

I'm 6' 2" and as sure footed as a mountain goat. :D

It's actually not that bad. I put the ones I use the most at the bottom. I only use the upper pedals a few times per gig and no rapid switching of the top pedals. The freeze pedal might be tricky since you gotta do the double tap to stop it. Maybe I'll just look like I'm dancing.

41144 likes this.
  2. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

Nice to see some BBE pedals. They sort of fell off the map.

gobi_grey likes this.
  3. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Just added the SP Compressor. Wow this thing sounds as good as everybody says it does. I had a tiny bit of space and needed a tiny compressor for lap steel and of course I’ll end up using it for regular guitar too. This one popped up at GC for $80 used so I snapped it up.

[​IMG]

branbolio, Seba, 8trackmind and 3 others like this.
  4. Jussi

Jussi Tele-Meister

I got my pedalboard in ready a while ago. The Lovepedal Tweed twin overdrive is now left in reserve and I didn't put tremolo pedal, because on my second amp I have a tube tremolo and tube reverb too.
    My idea was, that the board would be as simple as possible, but still versatile for myself.

IMG_20200526_162346.jpg

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  5. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Tele-Meister

Okay, here's what I worked on this evening. . .
    [​IMG]
    Pedaltrain Classic 2 (replacing the Classic Jr, and Nano) with both power supplies relocated underneath).

The Hiree Guitar Pedal Power Supply Adapter Station Distributor (yeah, that's it's actual full name) is shoehorned/velcroed in between the 2 rails at the front (the AC power jack was covered by the rail otherwise). The Caline CP 202 isolated power supply fits in between two rails with just enough space to plug the right angle ends into the unit (I'll have to get 1/4" thick piece of lucite or something to give the Caline jacks a little more clearence). I'm pretty impressed by the Caline unit. Isolated jacks, two voltage switchable jacks (one 500mA) solid metal housing. The whole board is very quiet using two different power supplies (I was expecting some kind of ground looping problems), but I need to really put it through it's paces to determine that.
    The Caline also powers the Mooer Radar (@ 12v, 500mA) with no problem. I'm also now able to run the Paisley Drive at 12v as well.

Re-arranged things on the board according to frequency of usage (with enough room for my feet) as opposed to just "signal chain." The only thing not on the board is a Whirlwind IMP 2 Direct box for going direct, and that lives in the gig bag. I might rearrange things to find a permanent spot for it, but that's for later.

The only thing I'm waiting for is an EBS balanced flat patch cable for the MXR Tap switch (Flashback 2). Most of the cable routing underneath is pretty much done.

The whole board is wired with Rockboard Sapphire flat patch cables.
    Here's the signal chain:
    TC Electronic Polytune mini 3 (buffer on)
    Paul Cochrane Timmy (v2)
    Wampler EGO mini Compressor
    Wampler Paisley Drive
    Fender MTG Tube Distortion
    Wampler Ecstasy
    Mooer 008 Cali MK 3 preamp pedal
    Mooer Yellow Comp

(I might insert the mini patch bay here to allow me the flexibility of running the gain section into the front end of an amp, and the rest into the amp's effects loop bypassing the preamp and cab simulator)
    TC Electronic Spark mini booster
    Moyo Mini Volume Pedal
    TC Electronic Flashback II delay
    TC Electronic Hall Of Fame 2 reverb
    HoTone Choir chorus
    Mooer Radar Speaker Cab Simulator

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    RetroTeleRod and Jussi like this.
  6. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

Time for some changes.
    I took my trusty OCD from the board. Partly for reasons beyond music (which are not to be mentioned due to forum-rules), but partly because stacking my Carcosa Fuzz with the OCD was not really satisfying.

Here's what became a transitional phase:
    Z_15Juni_20.jpg

One thing that bothered me for a while was my wireless system. It's a t.bone - one of Thomann's (probably the biggest store here in Germany) own brand. It worked nicely, but was simply too bulky, using up too much space on my board and had some noise issues with the bodypack.
    I bought a Shure BLX14 S8, which works very nicely.
    Then I stumbled over some youtube vidoes about the Keeley Monterey - and much to my surprise someone was selling a Monterey for a reasonable price.
    I couldn't resist great modulations (rotary, vibe, wah), octaver and a fuzz.
    R.i.p., poor T-Rex 8Ball Dual Octaver, but it was time for another makeover.

Transitional phase No. 2:

20200619_210707_019.jpg

It sounded good, except the T-Rex Alberta lacked a bit of freshness and dynamics.
    I tried a couple oedals until I returned to one of my all-time favourites: TC Electronics Dark Matter.

I sincerely hope to have come to a more permanent state....

20200619_213324.jpg

Signal chain:
    Guitar (Ibanez Artcore AF75) into Shure wireless, Keeley Monterey, DOD Carcosa, T-Rex Gull Wah into Amp (Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 25th Anniversary; from the effects send into Rocktron Hush noise reduction, then T-Rex Tonebug Booster, Red Panda Raster, Strymon El Capistan, Strymon Flint and back to effects return.
    cables via a Somo Pedals patchbox, powered by a Harley Benton ISO-2.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    RetroTeleRod likes this.
  7. THX1123

THX1123 Tele-Meister

87050269_10219798600782772_7109377623251222528_o.jpg

igor5, TIM5150 and RetroTeleRod like this.
  8. stonetone7

stonetone7 Tele-Holic

56CEA8C4-CC62-412A-896F-57505C067127.jpeg

Newly revised: I switched out a Full Drive 2 for a brand new (arrived yesterday) Soul Food and a DS-1 I’ve had for 35 years.

It’s ... weird. The DS1 is a freaking maniac. I’ve got it at @4-5V off the power and it’s still dominant.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  9. Dann B

Dann B TDPRI Member

20200604_193836.jpg 20200604_193734.jpg 20200604_203946.jpg

Using the Revival Drive Compact as my "amp". Empress Reverb providing the cabsim. Middle row is almost always on. Top row is "in the loop" and in stereo. Stereo splitter on the underside (Radial Shotgun) so a stereo pair can go to the interface, and the other can go to the PA. On a Pedaltrain Classic Jr. My little pride and joy.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    greenhornet, Seba, TIM5150 and 2 others like this.
  10. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Friend of Leo's

Oh boy, that board is a pure beauty....;);):)

Dann B likes this.
  11. nedorama

nedorama Tele-Meister

My current pedalboard, which has been evolving for decades...
    Temple Audio board
    Input
    Keeley Electric Mudd Fuzz
    Keeley Fuzz Head
    Xotic SP Compressor
    Dunlop GCB95 Wah, modded by Keeley for true bypass and Fasel inductor
    J. Rockett Majestic, set for slight grit
    Barber Direct Drive - crunch
    Xotic EP Boost
    OneControl Looper
    Loop A: Ibanez Mini AD9 Delay
    Loop B: Ibanez SC10 Stereo Chorus, MXR Micro Flanger, MXR Phase 90
    TC Flashback Delay, usually set to Tape Delay

Off board: Radial ABY switcher, Tremolo reverb pedals, and Dr. Z boost switch.

Changes - the 3 mod pedals will be replaced either by a Strymon Mobius or an Eventide H9; the Ibanez chorus is now 33 years old and would rather it stay at home vs. going out to be gigged.

Dann B likes this.
  12. Rich_S

Rich_S Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

At last, a picture that's not just the same old pedalboard with one small revision.

I just finished this little board for my acoustic, made out of leftover pedal that I had lying around. I don't really need an acoustic board, but I started it a few years ago and recently got tired of it taking up space on my workbench. Now it takes up space on the floor next to my studio desk.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  13. dombar335

dombar335 Tele-Meister

Just added a Whammy so I did a little board rearranging.

20200629_205227.jpg

TIM5150 and Dann B like this.
  14. philstrat97

philstrat97 TDPRI Member

I figure if the end is coming along like a freight train... why not get some holy grail gear. Latest additions..
    72 Dual Showman Reverb TFL5000
    63 Showman Cab w/ JBL D130f's
    BK Butler Tube Driver
    Chasetone Secret Preamp (not shown)
    20200630_155409.jpg

15. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Wow. The evolution of that board must be very interesting.

16. Dann B

Dann B TDPRI Member

Lol Interesting for sure. A moving target to stave off my neurosis.

20190730_204903.jpg
    Started with a much bigger board. I was flipping effects for a few years and ended up with a pretty sweet setup. It was a bit too much though. Same as now, I was using the full size Revival Drive as my "amp", still dual stereo outputs. But I decided to downsize.
    20200220_070305.jpg
    20200227_173656.jpg
    Sold almost everything and I moved to Empress over the Strymon stuff. They sound very lush. They are smaller, have isolated outputs, cab sims on board, and an awesome 5 track looper built it. Plus Empress keeps adding engines. Amazing stuff. This was okay for a while and a nice change of pace. Using the Programmable Eq to change the character of my pickups. I missed the pitch shifting tho.
    20200604_193809.jpg
    This is a nice middle ground. The new version of the EQ has twice as many presets and an integrated tuner, saving space there. I get back my pitch shifting. I added the Heavy after months of looking for a quality high gain sound. Also the Zoia. No time to describe that thing. Wow.
    Using a MXR IsoBrick to power everything. Cali76 and OCDs are running 18v.
    All in all I'm happy here. It may come as no surprise that I play on the ambient side of things. Very effect heavy. It helps me hide the fact that I should probably practice more lol. Anyway, cheers to all.

BubbaTheHutt, R.Hickling and Obsessed like this.
  17. R.Hickling

R.Hickling TDPRI Member

Pedalboard 1 - My main board ...

[​IMG]

Pedalboard 2 - my retro board ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    8trackmind and RetroTeleRod like this.
  18. yyr123

yyr123 TDPRI Member

I just got a new tuner - HD Stomp Peterson Strobe Tuner

It is really nice.....super clear display

Obsessed likes this.
  19. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Afflicted

Me again.....for some reason the TC Dark Matter added too much compression, even in a lowgain-setting.
    I tried the Electro Harmonix OD Glove and it sounds nice. I'm tempted to write "transparent", but then I would have to slap myself.....but somehow, it doesn't add that much compression to the sound as the Dark Matter did - maybe it were the center frequences for the EQ-setting and it was simply too much low end and low mids, I don't know. Th EHX Glove suits me better.
    I tried switching the order with overdrive stacking into the Carcosa fuzz, but the Carcosa was way too loud with that. Stacking fuzz into overdrive was better controllable, leaving me with more options.
    given the fact that I left my board as it was for nearly 2 years, I had quite turbulent makeovers within the last 2 months.....
    20200630_235900.jpg

Signal chain: Guitar into Shure BLX14 Wireless, Keeley Monterey, DOD Carcosa, T-Rex Gull Wah, EHX Glove into Amp; from effects send into Rocktron Hush, T-Rex Tonebug Booster, Red Panda Raster, Strymon El Capistan, Strymon Flint and back to effects return. Cables via a Somo Pedals patchbox, powered by a Harley Benton ISO-2.

BubbaTheHutt likes this.
  20. BubbaTheHutt

BubbaTheHutt TDPRI Member

Having had WAY TOO MUCH time on my hands during the lockdown, I decided to tear everything down and rebuild my boards from scratch. As a Rorschach test it suggests I have serious issues (and too many pedals [emoji23]).

Live board: (Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone Ge > L.R. Baggs Venue D.I. > Tech21 Fly Rig (underneath and in the loop of the Venue) > TC Voice Play Electric (for both vocal & guitar effects) + Switch 3 (controls the guitar effects)[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Dann B likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.