Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

good looking board - some fun stuff from VFE looks like. How do you like their reverb pedal?

2. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Well, I am a big fan of VFE, but that is a SubDecay Super Spring reverb pedal on the board. A lifer to be sure.

teletimetx likes this.
  3. j5jarod777

j5jarod777 Tele-Meister

0602201720.jpg

Obsessed and BGLeduc like this.
  4. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker TDPRI Member

IMG_20200602_205800.jpg It's not that I really need all these. I just have a problem.

5. BGLeduc

BGLeduc TDPRI Member

CC15EE46-5ABB-493A-84C9-7C0B0B0C8C0F.jpeg

6. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]
    Here’s my latest board. This probably won’t last long in this config but it’s for my squier cabronita with a fidelitron in the neck and a tele pickup in the bridge. The boost pedal and the forcefield compressor make the bridge pickup sing.

It’s the first board I’ve done without a wah it envelooe filter. Does have delay and a compressor. And my favourite chorus style pedal - the third dimension.

Anyway there it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalandan and superjam144 like this.
  7. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Tele-Meister

Okay, latest iteration. . .
    [​IMG]

The Wampler Tumnus Deluxe wasn’t giving me what I wanted on its own, but it drove the Fender MTG Tube Distortion into a nice, singing lead tone even without the Boost. With the boost engaged, it was very heavily saturated without losing control. It wasn’t a tone I necessarily used much on the clean channel of the Mooer 008 Cali MK3.

The gain side of the 008 MK3 was also not a sound I tended to have much use for until I turned the gain down to just the other side of “edge of breakup.” Here, the only two pedals I needed were the 2 stages of the Fender MTG Tube Distortion to give me nice and aggressive “hair & teeth” and the Tumnus Deluxe to make it all sing, which it really did (happy guitar player)!

The only thing I was lacking was that clear, chimey breakup to match the clear, chimey clean I was getting with everything off, or just the Wampler Ego Mini Compressor. So, I went back to my small case of pedals on ice and pulled out my Wampler Paisley Drive again and now I’ve got that Vox/Brad Paisley thing when I want it, and it twangs and growls nicely with the tone pot bypassed. And that top end really boosts the breakup of the MTG Tube Distortion (not the singing tones of the Tumnus Deluxe). The Tumnus Deluxe and the Tube Distortion sat in too similar of a tone space, so one had to leave (I have a “warm mids” switch on my Tele that gives me something similar to the Tumnus Deluxe (using the switch and the Tumnus gave me a midrange HONK that I couldn’t use).

On the cleaner side of things, the Ego Mini into the Paisley Drive gives me Brad Paisley-ish lead tones (I ain’t Brad Paisley by a long stretch), and adding the Timmy and the Ego give me a nice, chimey/chunky Vox-like lead tone`

For the new stuff:

I added a Simple Switch Effects Dual Junction Box/ patch bay between the TC Electronic SPARK Mini Booster and Hall Of Fame 2 Reverb (some connection problems when I plug cables into the front end, but I'm ordering new longer Rockboard Sapphire cables to hopefully deal with this).
    [​IMG]

On my old Pedaltrain Nano, I’m running a Moyo Mini Volume Pedal (6"length X 2"width X 1 5/8"height; weight about 1 lb). It’s like a tiny Ernie Ball volume pedal; just as solid, and a nice, stiff throw.

https://glenntaylormusic.us

[​IMG]

TC Electronic Flashback II (still setting it up, with a MXR Tap mini pedal switch on order to have a dedicated tap tempo switch and regain the MASH function, and a used HoTone Choir Chorus.
    [​IMG]

Not pedalboard related, but I also ordered a Nocaster Chrome Switch Tip from Rutter’s Guitars (my Tele was feeling left out and this is TPDRI after all).

[​IMG]

ndcaster likes this.
  8. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Afflicted

Very good one man, the only thing that i would do i would put the power supply underneath and make one board only....apart from that i like what you've got there, i was going to buy the Mooer Radar but i'll probably buy the Nux Mini Studio because it's easier to change sound on the fly if i need to...

9. Brett Valentine

Thanks. I was originally intending to put the power supply underneath, but I use 2 of the 4 AC outlets located on the top of the unit. The power supply slots are completely filled, and even if I get a second one, I'll still need a wall wart for the Radar. If there's a power supply that will handle it, I might switch to that at a later date. Everything on one board would be nice, but this seems to be working for now though. I was thinking more of finding one main speaker sound that I could tweak and tune, and preferred the eq options. It was between the Radar and the Hotone Binary IR cab simulator.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  10. Thin white duke

Ok, i understand, a friend of mine used a regular 9v power supply for the Radar, it was working ok, the Hotone Binary was an options as well, i read good reviews about it.

Brett Valentine likes this.
  11. Brett Valentine

Really? I'll have to experiment with a 9v power supply for the Radar.

12. Brett Valentine

Listened to a couple of sound samples running the Radar at lover amperages/voltages. It sounds harsher and not as smooth at lower power. The closest I found was the Ciocks DC 7. Big $ outlay vs 39 for the Hiree, and a larger footprint to fit under the Classic jr.

Update. Heard other samples and couldn't hear much of a difference (if any). Ordered the Caline power supply which can do 12v @500mA. The isolated wall wart has a 2 Amp capacity, so it should hopefully be enough. If I can get everything on one board, I'll update the pic again.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  13. Thin white duke

Probably it sounds different with a 9v adaptor, i don't know really, at least the friend of mine never told me that.
    The Ciocks is very expensive i know. :cry::cry:

Are you sure the Caline CP-04 or 05 are fully isolated ?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  14. Brett Valentine

CP-202 8 isolated outputs.

Also ordered a Pedaltrain Classic 2 (the jr just didn't leave enough room to cleanly stomp the mini pedals.

15. Thin white duke

That's great, put the picture when you've done.....

Brett Valentine likes this.
  16. Dthorne1

Dthorne1 NEW MEMBER!

Need some help. This is my first pedal board and I went over board. How does the signal chain look. Any advice would be appreciated

Attached Files:

17. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's

Here’s my shiny new pedalboard... after years guddling around with patch cables and miscellaneous wall warts I finally bought a board (cheap one from Thomann) and PSU (ditto) and put this together.
    579BE723-C277-4A8B-8EF6-FB569F3D4168.jpeg
    Stupidly simple compared to most of you out there — I don’t want to spend brainpower working out what to step on when!
    Guitar goes into the Fender ABY, one output goes through the Zoom MS-100BT (mostly used for a tuner, Rat clone or chorus) then into the Normal channel of my AC15C1 while the other output goes direct to the Top Boost channel.
    The Vox reverb / tremolo footswitch is indispensable, although the reverb is nearly always on.
    The grey box on the right is a mix monitor box — I run my vocal mic through it on the way to the mixer, then I can have as much of my own vocal as I want in my IEMs.
    The PSU is strapped underneath.

Sadly due to the world situation this pedalboard hasn’t seen any active service yet. But I’ll be ready when gigging returns to this part of the world one day...

18. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

Another Mooer Radar covert... fits beautifully in the big vacant space on the FHFX, right below the FX loop in/out. You dont realize how blah the HD cab sims are until you loop in the Radar. Wow.[​IMG]

19. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Afflicted

Excuse the basement wall. Almost finished. I used old wood that I found cleaning out my grandma's garage after she passed. It fits everything whereas before I had to use a main board and a side board. This is lighter weight than my old main board. The empty spot on the bottom left is waiting for my Supro Drive pedal. Hopefully it makes the cut.
    20200606_222311.jpg

20. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

Great Scott gobi_grey ... you must have way longer legs and a better sense of balance than me! :lol:

AAT65 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.