Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. scout2112

scout2112 Tele-Holic

I’ve been using a 15x28" MPS III Pedal Pad for quite some time. It’s so big that it’s been the subject of ridicule. To make my pedals more stage-friendly I decided to break it up into two smaller boards, one for each of my bands. I built the pedal boards by hand using wood from a pallet.

Here’s the original:
    AD270EBB-1173-4280-A83A-78A78B9DDCD1.jpeg

The first new pedalboard I built is dedicated to my Stones/Beatles tribute band. It is 10x16" and has just the basics; a light OD, heavier OD, Valeton multi-effect set to vibrato, vibe, AB/Y box for switching between the two different channels on my twin reverb, and a Strymon Deco for saturation and slapback. The Strymon Favorite Switch activates a chorus preset on the Deco. I'm still debating whether or not I need the wah pedal on this board. I may liberate the space down the road if I need to add something else. This board still really needs a buffer at the start of the chain:
    85BE8BA2-A3B1-4619-8862-C00DB536988E.jpeg

The second new pedalboard I built is a bit larger, 10"x20", and accommodates pretty much everything I need; multiple ODs and delays, chorus, compression, boost, volume pedal, reverb, and a Joyo American Sound so I can run direct into the board if I want:
    F84610D7-4444-4593-80B1-401CDB25154A.jpeg

And here’s the power supplies mounted underneath the new boards. On the bigger board there's an extra 9V power connector that I could use for another pedal if I had the room:
    DA4E078D-7C7F-4302-AF4B-834848FF486F.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    ShortintheSleeve and karpis like this.
  2. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

^ Attention, Houston. We are ready for lift off.

[​IMG]

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  3. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

My " floorboard ".....
    20181125_190754.jpg

RJ

4. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

My latest version:

[​IMG]

I replaced my trusty DD-3 and Mooer Ana Echo with the Grand Canyon. Shrinking the Pitchblack tuner down to the "mini" version allowed me to squeeze in one more gain pedal, the DIY Stratoblaster in the industrial black box. The old deck had been through too many iterations, so I made a new one in shiny silver hammertone. The deck is 18" x 12" and the back row is raised on 1” nylon standoffs. There's a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus hidden underneath, with a Y-cable splitting one output to both the Stratoblaster and the Paisley Rat.

I have so many loose pedals left over, I'm planning two new boards, an all-Boss grab-and-go board, and one for my acoustic.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    artdecade and Lars F like this.
  5. Bella_Caster

Bella_Caster Tele-Meister

Here's my current board setup - the pedals top right are are running as an effects loop chain (reverb, delay, trem, & phase). So, the main I/O goes:

tuner>clean boost>fuzz>bifet pre>AB box.

The clean boost is almost always on when playing my teles. I do usually switch it off when using my LPJ copy, since the P90 in it has a pretty hot output.

The Verbzilla is only on when going through my Orange Micro Dark (no onboard reverb in that). When using my Peavey C30, I use its tank and switch the pedal off. 20181222_183126.jpeg

6. MarkSmith76

MarkSmith76 TDPRI Member

From a hand-me-down Gorm board and a broken music stand comes this...

board.jpg

Alonious_Monk likes this.
  7. taltoz

taltoz TDPRI Member

My daughter gave me the board for Christmas so this is my first build.
    DCFE7E59-3EA5-473F-8DC9-40C953991551.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  8. slinger

slinger Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

smokeygills and artdecade like this.
  9. Cabronitavoxman

Cabronitavoxman Tele-Meister

That's a nice setup... thumbs up :cool:

Birdinlays likes this.
  10. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Holic

Like most people my pedalboard has changed quite a bit since the last time I posted it. I've had most of them for awhile. The new ones are the EP Booster and the JHS VCR. The VCR came in today, so I haven't really had a chance to test it out yet, but I have a big show at Paradise Rock Club in Boston tomorrow where I can give it a whirl. I like simple pedals and this one is boost, reverb, and chorus each with one knob and a switch to turn them on/off. I'm a set it and forget it guy so we'll see how I like it.

I use the Greer Lightspeed as my always on rhythm sound, the Dunes as my second gain stage for heavier rhythm stuff, the Prince of Tone is my really saturated lead tone, the booster is really nice for cleaner lead stuff. I'm not totally sold on the Dunes as of right now. I used to have the Palisades and switched things up to to the Dunes for several reasons, but I guess I'm in the market for a different medium-high gain OD. My Smallstone is from the early 80's and is awesome. Just wish it had an LED so I didn't have to bend down in front of my amp to see if I forgot to shut it off. I also really love both delays. The Aquapuss is strictly slapback and the memory lane jr I use quite a bit on lead parts. I play country/rock stuff with my band.
    IMG_4238.JPG

Lars F and Birdinlays like this.
  11. Ostriker

Ostriker TDPRI Member

Just put this together the other day. I'm stoked that I was able to (just barely) fit the Ditto on there.

20181230_114741.jpg

12. scout2112

scout2112 Tele-Holic

What is it?

13. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Looks like the pedals for the Fender Mustang amps... Calling them effects pedals is a stretch. They are simply controllers.

14. slinger

slinger Friend of Leo's

fender mustang 3 ….2 switch added 4 switch and vol-effects pedal.....this is not my pic but I have the same setup

15. j5jarod777

j5jarod777 Tele-Meister

Very happy with this setup.
    Happy 2019 everyone!
    0101191242.jpg

16. Cabronitavoxman

That's a pretty cool setup man... simple, understated but I'm sure you can cover a lot of ground with it... awesome...

Happy 2019 to you too :cool:

17. j5jarod777

j5jarod777 Tele-Meister

Thank you, I run it between my Les Paul and a Katana 50. I've never been happier playing guitar.

Cabronitavoxman likes this.
  18. teledude66

teledude66 Friend of Leo's

This is my current setup, a lot of new additions lately. The most recent is the actual Pedaltrain Novo 24, I was using a small Coffin Case setup, that worked fine, but when has fine been acceptable? Newest pedals are the Xotic RC Booster my favorite pedal right now, the Ditto Looper, and the EH Signal Pad, are two other newbies less than two weeks old. The MXR Double Double OD is awesome, I have several drives, and distortions, but this one to me kicks all those. Funny thing about the MXR, and the Xotic, I bought both those from a Music and Arts dealer that took over another store, they were clearancing the old stock, and at the time I got the MXR for maybe 40$'s. I go back last week thinking I'll see what they have, the RC was going new for around 189$, their price was 149$ so I'm thinking ok good deal. The guy rings it up, and says wow it's on sale, it actually 109$. Another reason it's my fav new pedal CHEAP...lol.

P.S. I'm not really sure on the Signal Pad, it's a passive attenuator. I play through a Vibrolux Reverb, and on 2 this thing is loud. I can knock it down with this, but it loses a lot of highs, so don't know how long it will be there.

Attached Files:

19. Cabronitavoxman

I know what you mean... same here... I've had my rig the way I want it for a while now... happy campers...

20. cacophony

cacophony Tele-Meister

My DIY board. Cost of board is 2 USD.
    IMG20190107154427-01.jpeg IMG20190107154405-01.jpeg IMG20190107154348-01.jpeg IMG20190107154318-01.jpeg

JJAdams1956 and Cabronitavoxman like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.