Show us your Pedal board.

jep1210

TDPRI Member
No, it's not rechargeable. It just uses a regular 3 prong cord instead of an AC adapter. It's my impression that usually when a pedal power supply uses an AC adapter (wall wart), the outputs are not isolated. That's not always a problem, but it can be if you have a lot of digital pedals.

Kinda weird because one advantage of a daisy chain set up is that the current draw all comes from one place, so you have, say, 1500ma to work with, and just sum the current draw to see if you're within its limits. But then, digital pedals tend to draw more current, so if you're close to the capacity of the supply, it's probably because you're using a lot of pedals that would be noisy on a daisy chain set up anyway, in which case isolated outputs are helpful. Weird catch 22.

Pedaltrain does make a rechargeable power supply called the Volto. I don't have any experience with it, but if it works, it could be a cool solution for those rare venues who still don't have power at the front edge of the stage.

That's every venue I seem to play. We're running extension cords all over the place to the point I've started using batteries in my Boss ME-70. It works surprisingly well.

Thanks for the explanation. I only have one digital pedal, the Boss DA-2, so Isolation might not be a concern for me. I've been doing some research. I do like the extra AC plug on the Voodoo Power Pedal 2+, might cut down on the number of wires running across the "stage". :lol:

For anyone interested, I went with Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+. In the end I was sold by the claims that it was quieter than the MXR dc Brick, I plugged everything in but I have no proof of the claims of lack of interference, so I can't comment on the validity of them. I also liked that it had isolated circuits (I guess that's a good thing to have in the long run). The extra outlet built in is a nice touch too. I did NOT like the weight of it, but I guess compromises have to be made.

TheVel

Tele-Meister
Yeah,the pedal power 2+ is great.
And Voodoo and Pedal Train must be kind of partnered up or something.The pedal power 2+ mounts great under the pedal train,and even has holes for the power source and the extra plug in.

jondanger

Poster Extraordinaire
Yeah,the pedal power 2+ is great.
And Voodoo and Pedal Train must be kind of partnered up or something.The pedal power 2+ mounts great under the pedal train,and even has holes for the power source and the extra plug in.

I built a lot of homebrew boards until I saw a "break even" deal on a PT Jr and PP2+. This thing is rock solid, very well designed. I only wish that it was tiered in addition to angled, but I pretty much turn any pedals on and leave them on throughout the song, maybe step on a drive for a lead from time to time. There is a reason these are industry standard - it just works.

juxtapolice

Tele-Holic
Recent funk board, also cool with a bass

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 133

d-rock

Tele-Meister
20151128_173735_zpsahvbvlox.jpg

Pitchblack > Morley Maverick > GarageTone Drivetrain > Phase 90 > Liverpool > Carbon Copy > RV-5 > TR-2

20151129_122137_zpsj771u5p0.jpg

TU-2 > MXR Modified OD > Liverpool > Old Ibanez AD9

I use these to go direct but found the Liverpool is a nice EQ when I play though my Blues Jr

Last edited:

McTeach

TDPRI Member
Simple and basic

Here's my collection... basic, inexpensive, but works pretty well. Four Vintage DOD 's: Mystic Blues, Classic Tube, Stereo Flanger, and Stereo Phaser, plus an Arion Octave and a Cheapo tuner pedal (I hate the looks of those clip-onto-the-headstock tuners). I don't use the Mystic Blues and the Classic Tube as much as I used to since I went with a 15 watt, all tube head, but they still come in handy when I want that "bluesey crunch" at lower volume levels.

Attachments

• P1050735-alt-crop-resize.jpg
    P1050735-alt-crop-resize.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 165

ChalmersCharles

Tele-Meister
My Board, Yet Un-named.

Here it is, as is, for now:

Tele>Dunlop Wah>Tuner>Keeley Comp>Fat Fuzz Factory>Soul Food>RAT2>Noisegate>Pitchfork>Warped Vinyl Chorus>Vapor Trail Delay> Super Ego Synth Engine> Ditto X2 Looper> EVH Phase90>Keely GC2 Limiting Amplifier>BlackstarH25R

Roland SPD 20 (drum pad)> Ditto X2>Ampeg108

EHX Soft Case

Thanks for reading. I'm new at this, so feel free to offer suggestions or ask questions.

Attachments

• pedalboard.jpg
    pedalboard.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 161