1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. jep1210

jep1210 TDPRI Member

Quick 'Q'. Anyone use an MXR dc Brick power supply? Thoughts?

2. rdo1708

rdo1708 Tele-Holic

3. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Friend of Leo's

I haven't used one or seen one. The first ads I saw for it looked pretty good. But you still have to use a wall wart to power it. Gonna stick with VDL Pedalpower.

4. Ash Telecaster

Ash Telecaster Friend of Leo's

Big board / baby board...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. jep1210

jep1210 TDPRI Member

Wall wart? Are you saying the Voodoo Labs power supply is rechargeable?

6. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

No, it's not rechargeable. It just uses a regular 3 prong cord instead of an AC adapter. It's my impression that usually when a pedal power supply uses an AC adapter (wall wart), the outputs are not isolated. That's not always a problem, but it can be if you have a lot of digital pedals.

Kinda weird because one advantage of a daisy chain set up is that the current draw all comes from one place, so you have, say, 1500ma to work with, and just sum the current draw to see if you're within its limits. But then, digital pedals tend to draw more current, so if you're close to the capacity of the supply, it's probably because you're using a lot of pedals that would be noisy on a daisy chain set up anyway, in which case isolated outputs are helpful. Weird catch 22.

Pedaltrain does make a rechargeable power supply called the Volto. I don't have any experience with it, but if it works, it could be a cool solution for those rare venues who still don't have power at the front edge of the stage.

7. jep1210

jep1210 TDPRI Member

That's every venue I seem to play. We're running extension cords all over the place to the point I've started using batteries in my Boss ME-70. It works surprisingly well.

Thanks for the explanation. I only have one digital pedal, the Boss DA-2, so Isolation might not be a concern for me. I've been doing some research. I do like the extra AC plug on the Voodoo Power Pedal 2+, might cut down on the number of wires running across the "stage". :lol:

8. mikespe

mikespe Tele-Afflicted

***In my best Obi Wan Kenobi voice*** "I found the Vibe I've been looking for!" The TC Electronics Viscious Vibe has been replace with the Earthquaker Devices The Depths!!! The Viscous didn't last long and I will probably sell it...it was just too dark for my tastes. I really loved the Toneprint feature but The Depths justs nails that Jimi vibe/fuzz tone. It's like night & day between The Depths & Viscous.

[​IMG]

These 3 pedals plus my Lovepedal OD11 just play so nice together!!! When I added the wah with the Viscous it just sounded muddy & blah. With The Depths it screams Jimi...and it just made me completely fall in love with the Park Fuzz...

[​IMG]

9. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats! I've been curious about the Viscious myself. I'm not really a 'vibe guy' but it may be nice to have it for some songs.

10. TheVel

TheVel Tele-Meister

I have The Depths...it's a really great pedal!Also have an EQD Sea Machine,and love it as well.
    Come to think of it,I have never been disappointed with any of my EQD purchases

11. mikespe

mikespe Tele-Afflicted

I would get The Depths and not the Viscous...but try them both to see what you think

12. mikespe

mikespe Tele-Afflicted

I never heard of Earthquaker before but saw some of their pedals on boards on another forum. Since I've seen several people with them I decide to check out some video reviews. Now I have 2 of them.

13. TheVel

TheVel Tele-Meister

The best demos I have found are done by justnick on YouTube.He goes in depth with the pedals.Some of the demos hit the 30 minute mark.

14. mikespe

mikespe Tele-Afflicted

His was one of the one's I watched...but I also like Andy from ProGuitarShop....I like that he actually plays a popular song or 2 to show how the pedal could be used...plus his playing is just amazing!!!

15. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's

I like pedal demos that go for 5 mins or so. . Who has time to watch 30 mins per pedal?

16. TheVel

TheVel Tele-Meister

Lol!dont really watch them...background when I'm cooking dinner and or other household stuff

17. TheVel

TheVel Tele-Meister

And yeah,Andy does some really awesome demos too.

18. Jammintree

Jammintree TDPRI Member

If you like episodes watch "That Pedal Show" on Youtube.

19. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

JustNick for when I wanna know everything about a pedal. Andy for when I know everything I won't be able to do with said pedal.

20. whiteop

whiteop Tele-Afflicted

Telefunken, what's your favorite Keeley overdrive pedal? The Oxblood looks interesting...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.